Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people still think AJ deserves 80/20 or 75/25 against Fury or Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
    I think AJ/Hearn's worst nightmare is coming true.
    • Fury-Wilder I was a success
    • both of them became a lot more popular globally
    • both of them have risen in stock
    • there is public demand for the rematch
    • more than 5% of Americans now know who Wilder is
    • the UK casuals are flocking to support Fury
    • AJ's next opponent is going to be underwhelming
    • the hate towards AJ is starting to outweigh the nuthuggery

We are seeing a massive shift here and Hearn is starting to sweat.
    Fantasy world.

Reality is Wilder is now known for being a paper titlist that robbed Fury.

Comment

I think 70/30 figures are a bit calculated and greedy. Shouldn’t really go on past figures or what a fighter usually makes throw that out window for once. Give fury who’s as big as name as josh the respect his names worth, wilder not so much. 35% is enough for gift draw wilder with 100 excuses.
      Should be about 60/40. Josh likes money so much so maybe 65/35.
      But I don’t understand how josh gets so much ticket sales why do people want to see him fight so much?
      Last edited by hugh grant; 12-14-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

60-40 is probably fair. It'll be AJ's last payday before getting exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
          Not 50/50 yet but it might head that way.

AJ's casual fanbase is dwindling. Didn't sell out his last fight and casual fanbases are like sheep. once a few stop going, the rest follow. A lot are jumping ship to be Fury fans because he's the bigger topic at the moment.

Joshua's star is fading and him and Hearn are getting to be known as people who avoid the fights. Even if that is or isn't true, it doesn't matter. The public see that AJ and Hearn turn down $5Om to fight this guy and then Fury jumps straight in with him and really wins. Even if the public don't know the in's and out's, they see that bit on a basic level. Look at AJ's recent social media posts and the public replies..when did you ever see such negativity towards him? outweighing the support too. The backlash is starting to happen.

Casuals like Robbie here will deny it, but anyone can see it.
          It's not really dwindling is it...his two previous fights to Povetkin were at the principality stadium 75000 capacity, Povetkin was at Wembley 90000 capacity so even though Wembley didn't sell out it sold more than previous Wladimir not included.

Most of the casual fans I talk to here in the UK don't even know about a 50m proposal...most don't know about Ortiz, they barely know Wilder...I doubt they could tell you other than Fury who Wilder has fought...in fact whenever I mentioned Wilder to anybody prior to Fury they would look at me with bemusement...I tell them about his supreme KO% and when they ask who against, i drop some names to more looks of bemusement.

I'll have to take your word on the social media side of things...to my knowledge AJ has more social media followers than Wilder, Fury, Ortiz , Whyte, Joyce, Povetkin put together. So lets be real here and provide a little context.

I'm sure once Tyson starts fighting a bit more the casuals will realise why they didn't go to watch him before his breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauliflower ear View Post
            It's not really dwindling is it...his two previous fights to Povetkin were at the principality stadium 75000 capacity, Povetkin was at Wembley 90000 capacity so even though Wembley didn't sell out it sold more than previous Wladimir not included.

Most of the casual fans I talk to here in the UK don't even know about a 50m proposal...most don't know about Ortiz, they barely know Wilder...I doubt they could tell you other than Fury who Wilder has fought...in fact whenever I mentioned Wilder to anybody prior to Fury they would look at me with bemusement...I tell them about his supreme KO% and when they ask who against, i drop some names to more looks of bemusement.

I'll have to take your word on the social media side of things...to my knowledge AJ has more social media followers than Wilder, Fury, Ortiz , Whyte, Joyce, Povetkin put together. So lets be real here and provide a little context.

I'm sure once Tyson starts fighting a bit more the casuals will realise why they didn't go to watch him before his breakdown.

Well Hearn better keep AJ away from Wilder and Fury. Once he loses, that fickle casual fanbase will certainly be gone. The big stiff robot will get tied in knots and gas against Fury. He'll also be a sitting duck for Wilder's right hand. Too flat footed.

Hearn knows it, that's why he's still chancing packing out stadiums v B level fighters. Good luck to him if they can get that money. Hearn knows it'll come crashing down once he loses, so i understand why they duck the dangerous fights and are now looking at recycling opponents fighting Whyte.

Can't blame them. If they can make 8 figures by fighting a guy they have already stopped, good luck to them. I'd probably do it too. Might aswell milk it for a bit longer

Comment

Well Hearn better keep AJ away from Wilder and Fury. Once he loses, that fickle casual fanbase will certainly be gone. The big stiff robot will get tied in knots and gas against Fury. He'll also be a sitting duck for Wilder's right hand. Too flat footed.

Hearn knows it, that's why he's still chancing packing out stadiums v B level fighters. Good luck to him if they can get that money. Hearn knows it'll come crashing down once he loses, so i understand why they duck the dangerous fights and are now looking at recycling opponents fighting Whyte.

Can't blame them. If they can make 8 figures by fighting a guy they have already stopped, good luck to them. I'd probably do it too. Might aswell milk it for a bit longer
              Wilder is a B level opponent. You don't seem to realise that. He should be title less and fighting to earn a shot again. Just like Whyte has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Wilder is a B level opponent. You don't seem to realise that. He should be title less and fighting to earn a shot again. Just like Whyte has done.
                I don't even disagree, which is why it's even more pathetic that they ducked him.

Why do you think Fury felt it was ok to fight the guy when he's not even 100% yet himself?

Comment

I don't even disagree, which is why it's even more pathetic that they ducked him.

Why do you think Fury felt it was ok to fight the guy when he's not even 100% yet himself?
                  Because it was the biggest money fight available for Fury and easiest route to a world title. Two guys fighting over who's second best, hoping to get in a position to demand far more than they are worth against the superstar Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Because it was the biggest money fight available for Fury and easiest route to a world title. Two guys fighting over who's second best, hoping to get in a position to demand far more than they are worth against the superstar Joshua.
                    Second best lol.

AJ's best win is a Fury leftover, an inactive one in his 40's too, never forget that. Plus he went life and death with an old inactive Wlad. Fury schooled a Wlad that was still dominating the division. AJ loves fighting old men.

If Fury had got the deserved decision, he would have 2 better wins than AJ.

Christ, if Chisora wins next week, he might be AJ's next opponent and Fury has already give him a beating, twice.

But it's ok, keep slurping down that warm diarrhoea that Hearn spoon feeds you.
                    Last edited by EasternEuroFan; 12-14-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Second best lol.

AJ's best win is a Fury leftover, an inactive one in his 40's too, never forget that. Plus he went life and death with an old inactive Wlad. Fury schooled a Wlad that was still dominating the division. AJ loves fighting old men.

If Fury had got the deserved decision, he would have 2 better wins than AJ.

Christ, if Chisora wins next week, he might be AJ's next opponent and Fury has already give him a beating, twice.
                      Fury got caught and dropped twice against one of the least skilled title holders in history. Joshua will destroy him and Wilder. Fury has skills, Wilder has power, Joshua has both.

Comment

Working...
                      X