Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nacho Beristain, Freddie Roach and Floyd Sr Think Khan Is The 147 King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
    I admire your infatuation with Khan being this elite fighter and he very well could have been a great fighter had he continued his run up until the Garcia bout. Win or lose back then, I enjoyed Khan's gusto and fighting spirit and until that point and in my eyes, his fight was a can't miss, but that point in his career is where all the adulation and the potential ended. He is just not that that fighter any longer. If you can't tell at this point perhaps because you love Khan so much as a fighter and I can tell by your deluded posts about him, I 'll help you out my friend. Khan has done absolutely nothing to be ranked top 10 on the welterweight scale needless to even fathom the thought of him being ranked in the top 3.

Khan has yet to beat a live welterweight body unless you are counting Alexander and Collazo in which case all you need to see how far down the toilet their careers are at this point. In fairness a lot of these guys haven't done much either but they at least have one good name on their resume. Had Khan fought Kell Brook (who hasn't done much either IMO but at least has a Porter on his resume), we would be viewing Khan in a different light. In case, it isn't obvious to you at this point, Khan has lost all confidence in his abilities, his chin and whatever else made him into that fighter that those trainers you mentioned were looking at back then.

Khan at this point is just looking to cash out, him going after Mayweather or Pacquaio has nothing to do with his desire to be the best but rather to get the big money payday. If it was, he would have fought a live body to help solidify his case. There is nothing wrong with that either, it is what it is but you have to call it the way it is. And FYI, both of those fighters would have embarrassed him mercifully. Floyd would have toyed with him for 12 rounds and Pac would have knocked him out inside the distance.
    I agree with what you say 100%. The Khan of 4 years ago was a better and braver fighter. The only boxers I have ever heard him call out are the big money four. Cotto, Canelo, Mayweather and Pacquiao. He only wants the big money fight but he doesn't want to earn it.

Comment

Another Khan thread?

Comment

No, Khan is not. Not even close. I thought Algieri beat him.

Comment

Working...
        X