Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Explains How Mayweather Hurts His Entire Stable, Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Yeah he has, Brner is a perfect example of what I was talking about.

Broner crafted his own fake persona like Floyd did and he rode that to being a draw that gets fights win or lose. Floyd seems to think everyone can just do this but they can't.

Floyd needs to just be a figurehead like ODH and hire some real professionals to do the grunt work.
    agreed 100% Only thing I'd say though is if Floyd had this mentality, he likely shouldn't have gotten into promoting. At least not without looking up the definition of the word. I know it was to promote himself when he was a fighter, but after retiring he should have sold it off or just owned it in name only.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      agreed 100000%

"Over and time again, you see him don't want no one to be bigger than him, make it past him, and you even see that with his own fighters," Wilder told Sports Illustrated.

"He has tremendous fighters in his stable, but how many guys he put out there as superstars. Even at press conferences when he's promoting his fighters - he's always mentioning himself. I don't think he could do nothing without mentioning himself".
      Manny pacquiao doesn't give anyone props & doesn't promote his fighters so go worry bout that....LOL

Comment

Floyd is a clout-chaser.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Manny pacquiao doesn't give anyone props & doesn't promote his fighters so go worry bout that....LOL
          go make a thread about it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Didn't Browne just get arrested again? though That would be a good fight. (AB/Pac isn't a PPV is it?)
            I don’t know but that was the rumoured fight on the PAC / AB undercard I think

And yeah it’s PPv

Comment

he is right, Floyd does talk more about himself then his fighters

Comment

Floyd does make promotions about himself. but isn't that to be expected? But at the same time I don't think he's done wrong with his stable other than his minor beef with Davis. Several of his fighters have gotten title shots by skipping in line due to the Mayweather brand with Badou Jack rising to the cream of the crop. But going forward I would like Floyd (and reporters) to stop talking about Mayweather and more about his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  Floyd gives them fights & you can't force someone to fight like he tried to give us Tank/l0m0 but Tank didn't want it....the dude even complained when Floyd gave him a title shot. The FIGHTERS have to step up NOT Floyd.
                  I don't know why you changed it from "Diddy" to "50 Cents" but whatever. I do understand where you're coming from, but I really feel Floyd threw that fight out there for the media spin, and had no real interest in making the fight! I could be wrong, and it's all Tank's fault? I fault Tank for not moving from B-More, but as far as career moves, I put that on Floyd! Floyd should be trying to make Mikey vs. Tank @ 135, if Mikey ever comes back to 135! If Mikey doesn't, then Tank vs. Devin Haney @ 135 would be good too!

Comment

It's what happens folks when you are illiterate, uneducated and trust all sorts of people in your inner circle to manage your affairs. Mayweather lacks the patience, aptitude and competence in order to promote other fighters. The only thing, he knows how to do well is to promote himself.

I wonder what are some of his long term goals and plans are for Mayweather promotions? At this current pace he will be out of the promotion business soon or have someone like Al Haymon to take it over. Oscar is sick and yet he is even a better promoter than Floyd.

Comment

i wonder if he's like this with his kids too???? like if one of his kids came from home school and starts bragging about the awards he got, will floyd take offense to it and starts bragging about all the belts he has? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X