No announcement yet.

Lomachenko needs to go back to 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomachenko needs to go back to 130

Not because he's too small but because 135 is a wasteland now. Garcia is the only decent opponent he could face at 135 at this point. He will probably be fighting in the UK against Crolla next because somehow he's in a mandatory position.

130 has
    Berchelt
    Davis
    Farmer
    Machado
    Vargas

Along with any possible big name from 126 moving up
    Santa Cruz
    Frampton
    Russell jr
    Valdez
    Warrington

Don't sit around waiting for a fight that may never happen while there are good fights a few pounds south of where you are now and can make that weight probably fairly easy.

He couldnt get those guys to fight him when he was at 130. Went to 135 because he didnt want to sit around waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Not because he's too small but because 135 is a wasteland now. Garcia is the only decent opponent he could face at 135 at this point. He will probably be fighting in the UK against Crolla next because somehow he's in a mandatory position.

130 has
      Berchelt
      Davis
      Farmer
      Machado
      Vargas

Santa Cruz
      Frampton
      Russell jr
      Valdez
      Warrington

Don't sit around waiting for a fight that may never happen while there are good fights a few pounds south of where you are now and can make that weight probably fairly easy.
      He moved up becuse he couldnt get those fights.

And didn't Berchalt Machado, Tank say they move up soon?

Loma has 2 belts might as well try to unify.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

130 has
        Berchelt
        Davis
        Farmer
        Machado
        Vargas

Santa Cruz
        Frampton
        Russell jr
        Valdez
        Warrington

I agree. I lowered him on my pfp ratings because he isn't as good pfp at 135 as he is at 130. He is 30 years old and done growing and will always be a small lightweight who could fight at 126. But he will stay at lightweight and the way he talks maybe move up to 140 to try to be a champ at a higher weight.Some excellent boxers are fighting well above their natural best fighting weight just to become multi weight champions and it's getting them beat.I would like to see Loma return to 130 and dominate for years but that won't happen.

Comment

130 is stronger than 135 with Mikey gone but I think Machado, Berchelt and Davis will have to move up pretty soon so it might not be an issue.

Comment

130 is stronger, but nobody at 130 would fight him. He had to bring Rigo up because nobody at 130 would fight him. That's not going to change after moving up to 135 and going 2-0 with using only one arm for the majority of the rounds

Comment

I think Berchelt vs Loma is very likely in 2019. Top Rank and Zanfer work together a lot and they were hinting at it the whole time during the broadcast of Berchelt vs Roman.
              Last edited by pillowfists98; 12-09-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Loma is not going to 130. He showed he can out box a much larger and longer LW but I think he came out rather reserved last night. I think he was working his shoulder into the fight as well as figuring out the counter puncher. But two fights at LW and both go down from Body blows?!?! Sounds like he might have not only carried his power up but actually increased it. Because it's not like he was landing that many shots through the rounds to wear down his body.
                We will see but I still think Mickey might just be to big and good for him. If both had same power I would pick Loma but I definitely think Mikey has more power.

Comment

If those guys wouldn't fight him at 130 why would they at 135? He is screwed......

Comment

Working...
                  X