Collapse
No announcement yet.

blackout day july 7th 2020!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not exactly sure what is the end goal here? If you’re boycotting a certain company on a certain day to hit them in the pocket I understand. But to not spend any money on any company will not only not make a dent in their overall profitability but even if it did it would end up negatively impacting the community doing the boycott. You see in capitalism consumers spend money with companies and those said companies have to pay sales tax on those purchases, that sales tax is then used by state governments to fund many of the programs these people love to advocate for.

The smarter thing would’ve been to call for a spending holiday on black owned businesses only.
    Last edited by JimRaynor; 06-03-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      I’m not exactly sure what is the end goal here? If you’re boycotting a certain company on a certain day to hit them in the pocket I understand. But to not spend any money on any company will not only not make a dent in their overall profitability but even if it did it would end up negatively impacting the community doing the boycott. You see in capitalism consumers spend money with companies and those said companies have to pay sales tax on those purchases, that sales tax is then used by state governments to fund many of the programs these people love to advocate for.

The smarter thing would’ve been to call for a spending holiday on black owned businesses only.
      It won't work anyway, Jordans come out that day.

Plus if people don't buy what they need that day they'll just buy it the next day. But hey whatever makes people feel better.

Comment

One good thing ive noticed is the attention on voting and hypocrisy of not voting.

But these things can't be fads.... Has to be apart of lifestyles

Comment

Sounds like ima have the stores to myself that day

Comment

Maybe they can pay for it with all the shyt they looted.

Comment

7/7/20!!!!!

Comment

Man I just came from the store and it was filled with black people

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
                  Man I just came from the store and it was filled with black people
                  same here

Comment

I made sure to buy stuff to say **** this racist bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                      7/7/20!!!!!
                      Im pretty sure icetray went to the store last month to stuck up for one month

Atleast he can claim he didnt spend any of his black money this month of july

Smart

Comment

Working...
                      X