Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: GGG Promoter Shakes Head at Jacobs-Derevyanchenko Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: GGG Promoter Shakes Head at Jacobs-Derevyanchenko Order

Tom Loeffler, promoter for IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs), is shaking his head at the recent decisions being made by the International Boxing Federation. The sanctioning body was pressing Golovkin to make a mandatory defense against Sergey Derevyanchenko.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It is somewhat interesting that the tactic used there didn't drop Jacobs from their rankings, but oh well. It's a good fight regardless.

Comment

Right like Adonis Stevenson? Thurman ? Etc. yes fight a no name 12 fight fighter instead of wait on Canella for 20 times the $ you would right cute I don’t buy it

Comment

Cry me a river.

Comment

It's simple, one guy said no, and fought an inactive Jr. Middleweight instead. The other said yes, and is risking the stability of his own gym too! What does Rozier tell Dervy if he beats Jacobs? Do they kiss and make up?

Comment

Oh... *****! I had forgotten about skipping the weigh in. Very ridiculous.

Comment

Hey Tom had your man fought derv as he should have instead of Vanes... This would not have been a issue. Cherry picking and avoiding mandatories gets you stripped. End of

Comment

He's got a point. GGG was rightly stripped, but giving it to Jacobs doesn't sit right either. Surely a sanctioning body should move guys out or down the rankings when they break the rules like that?

Comment

I'm usually critical about the IBF stripping mfers, but this time it made sense to me. Derevyanchenko was a deserving mandatory & outside of the whole late notice & apparently the symbolism or importance of fighting on Cinco de Mayo it wasn't plauisble to team GGG. I guess I can see there argument for stepping on Canelo's date to f#ck with him or to try to appease the Cinco de Mayo boxing fans, but ultimately this was a -EV move for me as a GGG fan & wasn't fair to Derevyanchenko.

And sh^t I think with the murderers row or potential murderers row as we don't know THAT much about some of these guys in line right now throwing a belt in the mix is gonna get more of these guys waiting for their big payday vs Canelo or GGG fighting each other like Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko apparently. I'll be looking forward to that one.
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-13-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
                    Hey Tom had your man fought derv as he should have instead of Vanes... This would not have been a issue. Cherry picking and avoiding mandatories gets you stripped. End of
                    Yep. This was a simple fix. And idk wtf beating Vanes did for them that beating Derevyanchecko wouldn't have did x2 or more.

Comment

Working...
                    X