No announcement yet.

Wilder: It's Like Buying House; Accept Price THEN Contract Follows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    At this point i wouldn't mind seeing that .

Im right bc Finkel admitted to it in his letter .

Are we suppose to believe he doesnt have any fights planned from now to end of year ? That would be 5 to 8 months of what hes proposing . lol

Meanwhile WBC lets Wilder do what he wants while Joshua has 4 belts and all these potential opponents to deal with so Finkel knows this .

Which is why im going to have a field day SHOULD Wilder lose .
    Well that would make Wilder the biggest sucker in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      If you like the price you accept the offer and move forward. If the contract is too biding and there is no room for negotiations you don't sign.

Yes indeed. I buy a lot of houses. We agree on the price, the contract comes my way and if I don't like the stipulations or the refuse to hammer some important details I walk away.

No use to send a contract if you don't agree on the price.
      I just think it's not a good analogy for this situation

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...&postcount=139

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        I just think it's not a good analogy for this situation

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...&postcount=139
        That is fine. I respect what you think

Comment

Thank you.

Allow me put to it this way. When you sell a house, once the deal is done, do you care what happens to your former house? Not really, you go on to a new one and that's it. Same with selling a car etc. You would never include a clause in the sale that prohibits a new owner from redecorating the bathroom or removing the swing your kids played on years before. It's a sale, you take the money, they take the asset. Job done. Frankly the money is the main thing in any sale.

But this isn't an asset sale but a chapter in a sporting career. A career that's been carefully built into perhaps the most lucrative in boxing today. An ongoing asset that carefully managed will continue to deliver for many years to come, even after the end of Joshua's ring career.

So the details matter. Far more in fact to Joshua than to wilder, because Joshua has a lot more to lose. If this were Joshua's last fight then perhaps the analogy would be more apt. It's not though, he's 28 and building himself very successfully as a sporting brand. It matters that he protects his image, his relationship with his commercial partners etc etc.

Hearn cannot agree on the basis of price alone. It would be a betrayal of the trust Joshua has placed in him.

Comment

Working...
          X