No announcement yet.

An interesting thing is occuring from changing my sleeping habits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting thing is occuring from changing my sleeping habits

So lately I've gotten hooked to coffee. I drink it almost nonstop sometimes going 2 days without sleeping , get maybe 3 hours of sleep and then go another 2 days and repeat.

It was exhausting at first but I couldn't stop drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes, and now I'm noticing an interesting change.

There's like this insomnical haze that has clouded over my entire perception. All anxiety has disappeared, i've become more non-reactive to things(in a good way) almost like a perpetual high, almost nothing bothers me.

I get these extreme feelings of nostalgia sometimes, recalling thought patterns and emotions that I thought long forgotten and it's like it's added another dimension to my intellect because I have more to draw from.

I've become more bold and fearless because of the loss of anxiety, i'm not worried about what people think, so I just behave and act like myself and the ironic thing is, people seem to like me more when i don't care if they like me lol

I've overall become more productive, more focused and I have a lot of extra time from not sleeping. I also workout more, my body seems to be recovering faster and faster with no noticeable physical decline.

I don't know if it's the caffeine or sleep deprivation, o maybe im just imagining it or something else but I feel like my entire life is steadily changing.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 04-02-2018, 04:02 PM.

I think that's not good for your long term memory

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      I think that's not good for your long term memory
      At first it was terrible, like I just wanted to sleep but couldn't, I was too wired and I felt exhausted and couldn't think straight.

But over time my body and mind seem to be adapting, feeling stronger and more efficient as time passes.

That seems to be a constant in our biology. Introduce a stressor, and the body adapts and becomes stronger.

Comment

First and foremost, how the hell are ya?!?

I feel like I haven't seen you post a whole lot these days. I guess you've been busy being cracked out on caffeine.

Anyways, you're right. Your body has more than likely gotten used to your current habits. The body can adapt to anything. That being said, you don't want your body to get used to that sort of thing.

Also, your own perceived functionality is probably off. What I mean by this, is that you FEEL like you're more productive. Truth is, it's almost certain that you are not. You're functioning at a fraction of your full potential, I almost guarantee it. You just don't notice it. Trust me. Get some sleep. Even drink some beers to like, pass out and reset your body.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          So lately I've gotten hooked to coffee. I drink it almost nonstop sometimes going 2 days without sleeping , get maybe 3 hours of sleep and then go another 2 days and repeat.

It was exhausting at first but I couldn't stop drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes, and now I'm noticing an interesting change.

There's like this insomnical haze that has clouded over my entire perception. All anxiety has disappeared, i've become more non-reactive to things(in a good way) almost like a perpetual high, almost nothing bothers me.

I get these extreme feelings of nostalgia sometimes, recalling thought patterns and emotions that I thought long forgotten and it's like it's added another dimension to my intellect because I have more to draw from.

I've become more bold and fearless because of the loss of anxiety, i'm not worried about what people think, so I just behave and act like myself and the ironic thing is, people seem to like me more when i don't care if they like me lol

I've overall become more productive, more focused and I have a lot of extra time from not sleeping. I also workout more, my body seems to be recovering faster and faster with no noticeable physical decline.

I don't know if it's the caffeine or sleep deprivation, o maybe im just imagining it or something else but I feel like my entire life is steadily changing.
          Most successful people get by on 3 hours sleep a night, its a well known secret. And the elite ruling classes have sort of bred us into this mindset of needing 8 hours sleep it's easier to control us if we're not active for a third of the day.

You're doing well mate although I'd cut the caffeine for natural stimulants I have room temperature distilled water with half a lemon cut and squeezed into it. Lemon has a chemical called pectin which kills toxins in the body and flushes them out through you're urinary tract drink it first thing and all the previous days toxins and acidity are killed off as lemon is also alkaline bro

Comment

You're feeling energetic because cortisol (stress hormone) is in overdrive. Lack of sleep is a form of stress on your body.

It feels good for a while, but with time, as the cortisol in your body will start to deplete, you will start feeling tired and wired at the same time. You will also start getting anxiety and depression.

Long leisure walks (hour+, preferably out in nature) are a great way to balance your cortisol levels. Put your headphones on and go for a long walk every day for the next 2 weeks and I guarantee you you will start feeling and sleeping much better.
            Last edited by Szef; 04-02-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X