Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Anthony Joshua the heavy favorite going in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Anthony Joshua the heavy favorite going in?

Those who are favoring Joshua to win over Parker, what is your explanation and why Joshua beats Parker?

I'm going from a realistic point of view even though I'm backing Parker and I actually want him to pull an upset but I think Joshua beats Parker also.

I can only hope Parker wins.

Why do you have Joshua as the heavy favorite?

I'd say, Klitschko aside, they have fought some similar level opposition i.e Takam and maybe Hughie, Ruiz are similar level or lesser fighters than Whyte, Breazeale etc, there or there about's anyway and Joshua has dealt with his opponents in much better fashion than Parker but that could be due to styles.

I'd really like Parker to win and if he's as tough as they claim, then i think he has half a chance if he fight goes deep. I just haven't seen anything to write home about when it comes to Parker as of yet.

That said, i don't think Joshua is an elite fighter anyway. I don't think it's going to take a special fighter to beat him, just a very good fighter that performs on the night. Maybe that can be Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      I'd say, Klitschko aside, they have fought some similar level opposition i.e Takam and maybe Hughie, Ruiz are similar level or lesser fighters than Whyte, Breazeale etc, there or there about's anyway and Joshua has dealt with his opponents in much better fashion than Parker but that could be due to styles.

I'd really like Parker to win and if he's as tough as they claim, then i think he has half a chance if he fight goes deep. I just haven't seen anything to write home about when it comes to Parker as of yet.

That said, i don't think Joshua is an elite fighter anyway. I don't think it's going to take a special fighter to beat him, just a very good fighter that performs on the night. Maybe that can be Parker.
      On point. Joshua just looks special because he's explosive and has a huge fan base plus media surroundings around him.

When I was watching some of his fights in extra slo-mo I realized he isn't all that as it seems and is likely to be quite basic with repetitive moves. I noticed his defense is very very very thick and tight - strong defense. He parries and counters a lot. He is also quite accurate with his punches but does not land them 100% clean/flush - if Parker has the speed and strength to surpass Joshua's defense he might have a chance of troubling Joshua.

I also watched Parker in extra slo-mo and noticed his punches aren't as accurate but he moves his head quite a lot and the only time he gets hit is with a counter when he charges in, a lot of people are underestimating him but if you watch him in slo-mo you'll realize he is quite decent.
      Last edited by Quiksilva; 03-15-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Parker struggled with Ruiz & Takam. Joshua nearly decapitated a decade long HW champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Parker struggled with Ruiz & Takam. Joshua nearly decapitated a decade long HW champion.
          Pretty much this.

Comment

The only reason i have him over parker is the fact that the fight is happening here, and i don't see Parker having enough parker to KO him. I just don't see Parker getting a decision over Joshua, he would have to knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
              On point. Joshua just looks special because he's explosive and has a huge fan base plus media surroundings around him.

When I was watching some of his fights in extra slo-mo I realized he isn't all that as it seems and is likely to be quite basic with repetitive moves. I noticed his defense is very very very thick and tight - strong defense. He parries and counters a lot. He is also quite accurate with his punches but does not land them 100% clean/flush - if Parker has the speed and strength to surpass Joshua's defense he might have a chance of troubling Joshua.

I also watched Parker in extra slo-mo and noticed his punches aren't as accurate but he moves his head quite a lot and the only time he gets hit is with a counter when he charges in, a lot of people are underestimating him but if you watch him in slo-mo you'll realize he is quite decent.
              You have an accurate description of the way i view Joshua, forget the media hype the PR hype. Cutting it down to the basics, i dont think Parker beating him would be a shock to me.

Parker has a very good stamina for a HW, he might not be as refined as Joshua but i have notice HW boxers build like Parker can last 12 rounds more in a competitive way than the muscle bound boxers like Joshua or Haye.

If Parker can withstand the early onslaught then this fight would be trouble for Joshua, whether Parker gets the decision is another story.

Comment

Have you seen Parker's last couple of fights?

That pretty much is the reason right there.

Comment

He don't seems have the power to KO Joshua and the judges will always help Joshua. They fight on the same range with Joshua having the size advantage and that shoulder down when throwing the jab is just inviting a right hand

Comment

Parker will be lucky to see round 6 if Joshua fights aggressive at the opening bell.

Parker :

Poor accuracy

Repetitve patterens

Trouble hurting guys after mid rounds

Major defensive holes

Relies on speed which will be neutralised

Will be out sized by a underatted jabber

Will be fighting a true HW puncher for the first time

Has lost many rnds and won questionable fights vs AJ who has only had ONE competitive fight against Klitchko and only lost about 6 rounds out of 66 .

Will be fighting in a U.K crowd in atmosphere that could overwhelm him .

Without going into details the above covers your question and i could list more !

Parker is way out matched here that the odds are actually being generous , i expect this fight to end in 4 rnds .

Odds it ends in around 7th .

Parker will be at his best bc hes going to need to be and that MAY buy him some rnds but in the end a Joshua win is inevitable !

Comment

Working...
                    X