Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boring technicians"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can watch a Loma technician boxing at the highest level vs a Mayweather... One gets stoppages and really fights back while the other is safety first and is willing to get boo'd out the stadium before taking a chance. Then he runs his mouth like he put on this amazing entertaining show. Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
      Go find where Pac said that. I'll be waiting
      and when i do ?!?!?!?

what then ?!?!?!?

''we will see when you do it.''
      ~you

give me a hint of what i can expect when i bring you your request !

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        I can watch a Loma technician boxing at the highest level vs a Mayweather... One gets stoppages and really fights back while the other is safety first and is willing to get boo'd out the stadium before taking a chance. Then he runs his mouth like he put on this amazing entertaining show. Yawn.

Comment

To me personally there was always a difference between Whitaker, Floyd, Hopkins, Roy and Toney compared to Ruiz, Rigo and Ward. I’m not saying those first four are on the same level of excitement but let me explain.

The first four showboated and made making you miss entertaining. Not saying they didn’t have their fair share of bad fights but they knew how to sell and get into their opponents head. Whereas Rigo was a massive waste of talent, had all the skills to really be a dominant force but literally refused to engage even with opponents several levels below him. Ward never tried to engage period and had zero personality. Hopkins clinched but not nearly on the level of Ruiz. He clinched as he got older because he had too, he was never the fastest or strongest but watching him out think and out work younger fighters was entertaining to me especially since he was so disrespectful. Ruiz refused to fight period, and had the personality of a dead squirrel like Rigo and ward too.

I’m not saying you gotta be ****y but show boating can be used as offense which helps.

Comment

Not all tacticians are boring, Love me a great boxer-puncher. Technical skills and excitement. Guys like Lopez, Hagler, Marquez, Toney, Duran are the epitome of the sport for me.

I do find overly defensive boxers to be boring, the very nature of how so many of them just run the clock with inactivity or stalling rubs me the wrong way. Now a defensive guy like Pep, Locke, Whitaker that would sit in the pocket and make you mis while being active I can appreciate. The Rigos, Lauras, Hopkins are just stinkfests to me.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Not all tacticians are boring, Love me a great boxer-puncher. Technical skills and excitement. Guys like Lopez, Hagler, Marquez, Toney, Duran are the epitome of the sport for me.

I do find overly defensive boxers to be boring, the very nature of how so many of them just run the clock with inactivity or stalling rubs me the wrong way. Now a defensive guy like Pep, Locke, Whitaker that would sit in the pocket and make you mis while being active I can appreciate. The Rigos, Lauras, Hopkins are just stinkfests to me.
              Floyd when he was Pretty Boy was amazing. He made his opponents pay for every little mistake. Money May was a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                Floyd when he was Pretty Boy was amazing. He made his opponents pay for every little mistake. Money May was a disappointment.
                Tried to keep Pac/Floyd out of my response for a reason, but yes, I truly appreciated PBF and lost interest with Money May.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                  Tried to keep Pac/Floyd out of my response for a reason, but yes, I truly appreciated PBF and lost interest with Money May.
                  ditto....ww may was great but, meh, at the same time.

pisses me off when people say ww was the best version of may.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
                    Well... That's fair, I guess, but it's boxing. On the highest level. I love watching slowmotion replays of their skils.
                    You consider clinching boxing at its highest level?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      I dislike Mayweather for his approach in not fighting the best or at least not fighting them in their prime
                      But I do appreciate his boxing skills ( hâte his guts but will admit one of the greatest all time )
                      Ward is good but his willingness to exchange made him very boring and just regular imo
                      People complain about the pitty patty punches of Calzaghe, but his will to exchange and fight made him quite impressive
                      That’s a fighter ( relating to your post ) who made quite the impression on me as a fighter who hit and got hit but made the difference with his shots
                      His only fault was crossing the pond too fughin late
                      Lmfao! A Calslappy fanboy talking about Mayweather not fighting the best in their prime... lmfao! Pitty pat slapping the likes of Manfredo is so impressive .

Comment

Working...
                      X