Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same people who praised Floyds A side behaviour now critique Joshua doing the same?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    1.5 ppv's at what price?? you have to look at the numbers...

Let's look at the numbers then.

AJ is doing those numbers with 1/6 of the US population.

Comment

2016 european pop 715 mil

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        If you believe Joshua/Wilder would be the biggest grossing fight in history then you're more deluded than I thought. That is a load of complete nonsense.

You think People were happier to watch Floyd past his best and Pac way past his best, to fighting in their prime? Is that your argument?

Delete this entire post, it clearly shows you to be deranged. No one with any sense could write such absolute ****.

i never said wilder vs joshua was the biggest fight in history. i said joshua turned down 50 million dollars which is the biggest purse in heavyweight history. not tyson, not holyfield, not ali, not klitschko, not lennox. no heavyweight has ever made 50 million. thats a fact.

i never said people preferred to see pac vs may past prime. i said the fight hype was bigger in 2015 than it was in 2010. if you think floyd was guaranteed 100 million plus in 2010 you dont know **** about boxing.

the fight did 4.4 million ppv buys because of 5 yrs worth of promotion. in 2010. floyd only did 1 million plus buys twice. marquez and oscar. and pacquiao had only did 1 million plus buys twice cotto amd oscar.

floyd and pac were nowhere near as big in 2010 as they were in 2015. better fighters in 2010? yes. more popular in 2010? no
        Last edited by bluebeam; 07-06-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          Let's look at the numbers then.

AJ is doing those numbers with 1/6 of the US population.
          how many times has joshua done those numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Do you understand that a comparison doesn't mean they have achieved the same?

It's a comparison..

a bad comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfan8888 View Post
              Aj signed to fight wilder
              No he didn't.

Wilder refused
              Refused to sign a contract that made no mention of the date and didn't guarantee the fight would be next.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                a bad comparison.
                No it's actually a very good comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  i never said wilder vs joshua was the biggest fight in history. i said joshua turned down 50 million dollars which is the biggest purse in heavyweight history. not tyson, not holyfield, not ali, not klitschko, not lennox. no heavyweight has ever made 50 million. thats a fact.

i never said people preferred to see pac vs may past prime. i said the fight hype was bigger in 2015 than it was in 2010. if you think floyd was guaranteed 100 million plus in 2010 you dont know **** about boxing.

the fight did 4.4 million ppv buys because of 5 yrs worth of promotion. in 2010. floyd only did 1 million plus buys twice. marquez and oscar. and pacquiao had only did 1 million plus buys twice cotto amd oscar.

floyd and pac were nowhere near as big in 2010 as they were in 2015. better fighters in 2010? yes. more popular in 2010? no
                  Not only was Floyd/Pac red hot in 2010, but it was red hot in 11/12 as well. That fight should have been made. It would have broken PPV records. By the time it was made the lustre was all but gone. Nothing to look back on but embarrassment. The fight never happened sooner because Floyd was a coward, not because he believed it made more money later on.

Are you saying you want to wait a few more years before we get Joshua/Wilder to make more money? You don't think it's the fight to make right now? Of course it is. Waiting for a few more years would result in that fight turning into an embarrassment as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    Not only was Floyd/Pac red hot in 2010, but it was red hot in 11/12 as well. That fight should have been made. It would have broken PPV records. By the time it was made the lustre was all but gone. Nothing to look back on but embarrassment. The fight never happened sooner because Floyd was a coward, not because he believed it made more money later on.

Are you saying you want to wait a few more years before we get Joshua/Wilder to make more money? You don't think it's the fight to make right now? Of course it is. Waiting for a few more years would result in that fight turning into an embarrassment as well.

nope, im saying joshua turned down the biggest purse in heavyweight history because he dont wanna fight wilder

and i said you have no proof that floyd vs pac purses were the biggest in boxing history in 2010.

we do know that AJ was offered 50 million. we dont know what the purses were for that 50/50 split in may vs pac in 2010 and if you think floyd vs pac would have done 4.4 million ppvs in 2010 then you dont know **** about boxing.

you dont go from 1.2 million ppvs vs marquez to 4.4 million ppvs vs pac in 6 months time sidney
                    Last edited by bluebeam; 07-07-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• I've always been critical of BOTH.

Comment

Working...
                      X