Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Povetkin on Course For September 22 Collision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ has been in camp for a while assuming a short guy assuming podvetkin, Wilder was in camp for a tall guy Breazele so no issue with a short notice AJ fight .... a last minute AJ fight favoured him greatly.

Apparently this late acceptance trick has been done before by Wilder and might explain the weird stalling by Wilders team if they did really want the fight. The theory was it was a bit of gamemanship gone wrong.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    I'm glad that he can face Povetkin on an 8 week camp when the fight date is 11 weeks away.....

I wonder how many weeks Joshua would have needed for the Wilder fight....

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Probably because more money will come from USA rights than Russian TV
      You have no argument gumbo.
      Let explain to you 80 or 90 k capacity at wembley with well over 1.5 million ppv buys in the in the uk , plus europe and if remember rightly that paid a hefty £15 million pound to both joshua and klitchcko so again it is not reliant on ine bit to ppv sales in the us which in turn will not clash with the golovkin vs canelo fight.
      The uk is now home to the heavyweight division so get use to it And stop being salty

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        You have no argument gumbo.
        Let explain to you 80 or 90 k capacity at wembley with well over 1.5 million ppv buys in the in the uk , plus europe and if remember rightly that paid a hefty £15 million pound to both joshua and klitchcko so again it is not reliant on ine bit to ppv sales in the us which in turn will not clash with the golovkin vs canelo fight.
        The uk is now home to the heavyweight division so get use to it And stop being salty
        How much money will Russia bring in doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          How much money will Russia bring in doe...
          Answer my question what did joshua vs klitchcko each earn for there fight last year ? How many ppv buys were sold in the uk , how much was the gate reciept for that fight and how much television rights did they get from the world.
          Wil povetkin earn 15 million like Klitschko ?
          The caneo vs golovkin fight has no bearing on the AJ vs AP fight because in fact here people will buy in there millions to see this fight.
          I am sure russia will pay good tv rights for this fight as well and remember russia actually bought wilders sorry ass with the purse bid to moscow so don't be so sheltered..
          Common sense

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
            Wilder went to Russia to fight him, but Povetkin was popped for juicing at the last moment. The fight was then cancelled. At least get your facts straight. Or maybe being 'straight' is too much to ask of somebody who talks about 'cum drinkers' on a boxing forum.

Have some respect for yourself!
            Yeah but who’s fighting him next not wilder. BUUUUUUMMMMM SQUUUUUAAAAD ITS SHOWS WHOS ALL TALK AND WHOS REALLY ABOUT IT AND AINT BEYONCÉ WILDER LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              Answer my question what did joshua vs klitchcko each earn for there fight last year ? How many ppv buys were sold in the uk , how much was the gate reciept for that fight and how much television rights did they get from the world.
              Wil povetkin earn 15 million like Klitschko ?
              The caneo vs golovkin fight has no bearing on the AJ vs AP fight because in fact here people will buy in there millions to see this fight.
              I am sure russia will pay good tv rights for this fight as well and remember russia actually bought wilders sorry ass with the purse bid to moscow so don't be so sheltered..
              Common sense
              The mental gymnastics you Brits must do to preserve the image of your god must be exhausting, how does one keep it up? I realize these last few months with the wilder negotiations have been great practice but still, at what point will you people give up?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                Yep and Povetkin destroyed Duhaupas faster than Wilder and Takam quicker and legitimately compared to AJ, People also forget that or choose to ignore it ...
                Duhappas was fighting without a camp. He was a last minute replacement. 2ndly most people presume the Takam win was meldonium aided. Legal at the time but still a PED.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy gold View Post
                  The funny thing is wilder cum drinkers will act like a victory over Dominic brazeele is a great victory but when AJ beat povetkin they will act like povetkin was a nobody lol. But that’s the guy the Alabama duck avoided cause he knew his ass was done if he fought any real competition lol BUUUUUMMMM SQUUUUUAAAAD
                  In what world have you seen anyone elevate Breazeale anywhere? Project your insecurities elsewhere.

Eddie Hearn backed out of a fight with Wilder, to fight Povetkin, a really good fighter in his own right but not Wilder, and now Wilder has to take a stay-busy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    In what world have you seen anyone elevate Breazeale anywhere? Project your insecurities elsewhere.

Eddie Hearn backed out of a fight with Wilder, to fight Povetkin, a really good fighter in his own right but not Wilder, and now Wilder has to take a stay-busy fight.
                    Ducking good opponents and fighting bums then blame someone else is wilders game lol BUUUUMMMM SQUUUUUAAAAD

Comment

Half of me wants AJ to win with the hope that he grows a pair and faces Wilder and Half of me wants that he gets KOed by Povetkin for ducking Wilder after all that nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X