Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ggg vs canelo breaks 2 million ppv buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ggg vs canelo breaks 2 million ppv buys.

if this gets confirmed ca$hnelo proves this is indeed his era. still very young. but he needs to maybe go the floyd route and be his own boss becuz GBP just paid him $5mill for this fight. hes worth way more.

He obviously made way more than 5 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

if this gets confirmed ca$hnelo proves this is indeed his era. still very young. but he needs to maybe go the floyd route and be his own boss becuz GBP just paid him $5mill for this fight. hes worth way more.
      Canelo vs Smith = 300k max
      Canelo vs Golovkin = 2 millions? (I don't think it's true but they sold at least one million)

Then it means Golovkin is a good draw as well.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post

wow I'd be shocked if it hits 2m buys but it clearly was a success and did way more then the Chavez fight. I mentioned days before the buzz was a lot bigger bars that never cover boxing and didn't have the Chavez fight had it and the fight was sold out at all the movies theaters near my house the day before. One of my boys waited till the morning of the fight and couldn't get any tickets so he came to my house party to watch it. He had no problems buying tickets on the day of the fight for Chavez.

Comment

Wow that is awesome if true.

Comment

Fantastic News for Canelo if true.

His 2nd 2 Million Plus PPV and still only 27 Years old.

I'd like to see Canelo face BJS in May and then Rematch GGG in September.

Comment

FYI Canelo didn't make 5m. That's just what he got on fight night. He got 5m on fight night for the Chavez fight but made over 20M. There is fight reports weeks before the fight that he was guaranteed well over 20M and could be paid 50M before it's all said and done when you add his Mexico TV deal and that's when folks were predicting maybe 1.25M buys.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-22-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Who's the guy claiming he gots sources? Never heard of him.

Number smells sketchy like when Dana was saying 6.5M post-Floyd vs Conor, but respect if it did 2M. That was well beyond my expectations as I thought 1.5M was great & for sure an over number in any over/under bet one would have made previous to the fight.

Comment

Incredible numbers for Golovkin and Canelo. The rematch may bring in higher numbers. Golovkin must be estatic.

Comment

They did ride the coattails of Mayweather v McGregor well any other year this fight does less than Canelo v Cotto

Comment

Working...
                    X