Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were Canelo and Chavez Jrs fight night weights for their fight in May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were Canelo and Chavez Jrs fight night weights for their fight in May?

I don't remember if HBO posted it. Does anyone know the fight night weights were?

Canelo was 210 lbs, Chavez Jr was 166 lbs

Comment

They said to the media canelo was 174 and Chávez 180. I dont buy the 174. He was 174 against ángulo.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        They said to the media canelo was 174 and Chávez 180. I dont buy the 174. He was 174 against ángulo.
        these are the unofficial weights reported by espn and tvazteca, they also had unofficial weighins before the official weighins, so they reported the weights before the fighters even stepped on the scale...
        they did an incredible job and had more inside information than hbo did for this fight, i guess chavezsr working for those networks had a lot to do with it...

Comment

people dont understand that if you go up weight, you will not put on as much weight as you would in the lighter weightclass.

so if against angulo canelo was 174 and the fight was at 154.... then at 158 or whatever, he most likely wont put on 20 pounds again.

might be between 10 and 15

Comment

Canelo 193 Chavez 178

Comment

Canelo was 150 and Chavez was 151, they actually lost weight after the weigh in

Comment

Canelo was 700 lbs according to lil g fans

Comment

Good estimate for canelo would be 171-175 chavez 180-185

Comment

Canelo 245...can see youre already bracing for the "lil g" route. Golovlin will be a natural lightweight in threads a month from now

Comment

Working...
                    X