Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Money for a Brook-Khan Fight That Bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Money for a Brook-Khan Fight That Bad?

I assumed the potential match-up would have been huge in the UK and both would have made millions for fighting each other. Why in the world would they rather move up?

Was there no money in it?

I mean, Khan didn't prove anything against Caenlo other than he can be knocked out which we definitely already knew. I don't see Brook doing well at all against Golovkin.

I mean, do these guys have their own futures in mind at all?

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    I assumed the potential match-up would have been huge in the UK and both would have made millions for fighting each other. Why in the world would they rather move up?

Was there no money in it?

I mean, Khan didn't prove anything against Caenlo other than he can be knocked out which we definitely already knew. I don't see Brook doing well at all against Golovkin.

I mean, do these guys have their own futures in mind at all?
    The money was massive; the only hang-up is that the implications of the fight in their home country dwarfed any impact that the money could've had on either guy. Amir Khan has a sense of this, which is why he's looked elsewhere in every instance possible (even in taking less money to risk fighting at 155lbs).

If Amir Khan, the British Olympic silver medalist, who the public saw develop from the start on TV, gets flattened in 4 rounds by the other British welterweight that everyone in the country has wanted him to fight, all other potential business for him, in the UK/Middle East would be impacted.

No one cared about the Alvarez fight, because everyone had the sense that Khan had to be perfect to have a chance, and he's not known for being perfect; Khan has spent a significant amount of his career dogging the merits of even thinking about fighting Kell Brook, so getting flattened then would be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      The money was massive; the only hang-up is that the implications of the fight in their home country dwarfed any impact that the money could've had on either guy. Amir Khan has a sense of this, which is why he's looked elsewhere in every instance possible (even in taking less money to risk fighting at 155lbs).

If Amir Khan, the British Olympic silver medalist, who the public saw develop from the start on TV, gets flattened in 4 rounds by the other British welterweight that everyone in the country has wanted him to fight, all other potential business for him, in the UK/Middle East would be impacted.

No one cared about the Alvarez fight, because everyone had the sense that Khan had to be perfect to have a chance, and he's not known for being perfect; Khan has spent a significant amount of his career dogging the merits of even thinking about fighting Kell Brook, so getting flattened then would be tough.
      Oh wow. Haha. Sounds like he really had no confidence in him beating Brook.

Comment

There was about £10 million to split. Or $13 million.

Khan decided he was a little girl and didn't want to put it on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          Oh wow. Haha. Sounds like he really had no confidence in him beating Brook.
          This is all you need to see:

Comment

This fight should have already happened

Comment

Gotta marinate. Once they've both been KO'd by MW's it'll be ready.

Comment

Khan was just being an arrogant kunt and didn't want kell making any money lol. Plus he most likely gets knocked out and would never be able to talk shlt again

Comment

Almost inexplicable that they let that one slip away. It initially seemed like Brook wanted to sit on his titles for a while but, in the end, Khan seems to be the one that let it die. All that potential money, lost. Now these two chuckle heads will have a chance to go for it again with a recent, embarrassing ko on their records. Will make a wonderful build-up, them bickering over who got leveled worse.

Comment

It would've been the biggest payday for either. Khan literally ran away in fear though.

Comment

Working...
                    X