Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan's Options Include Granados, DeMarco, Lopez, Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Josesito can punch a lil bit, so Khan won't want that work
    yes, but he deft could be outboxed. Granados come forward, non-stop style is deft harder to deal with for a guy that hasn't fought in 2 years. Those are the only two guys I'm considering from the list. Vazquez has lost 2 in a row and Demarco is a dead man walking.

Comment

He’s got to have tune ups, two years is a while out. All good options imho

I expect it to be Demarco

Comment

These are all good names especially DeMarco. I seriously predicted this ages back. He's perfect for Khan. DeMarco has a really good record, is ranked well and guess what...he's a tailor-made opponent because he's a southpaw. Khan stomps on every southpaw he meets.

Can't believe I called it right for once if it's true. Seriously predicted DeMarco ages ago.

All I'm going to say is Khan is still small for a welterweight. Even Crawford moving up is walking around at 177lbs. Bradley, who used to train a lot with Crawford, walked around at 180lbs. Brook we all know walks around at 185lbs. Spence also walks around at 175-180lbs no official number on this just his words before the Brook fight "I'm big too. I walk around in the high 170's". Thurman is also around 175-178lb. Garcia not sure on this guys weight walking around not seen anything on it so far but he looks like he fills out well for 147lb. Porter...we all know that bum rushing wind-milling head first super midget used to fight at middleweight.

Khan on the other hand is a fúcking stick insect at 147lb. He walks around at 165lb!! He came out of that shítty celebrity show at 145lbs which is why a few folks were saying he should go back to 140lbs.

If that kid is serious about his career he needs to put some muscle mass back on from training and try to get to that Crawford/Thurman type of walking around weight before he fights anyone decent. I'll give him a pass if his first fight is a bum nobody has heard of.

I'll rate him if he fights DeMarco in his very first fight back. Tailor-made for him BUT his record is very good.

Comment

He don't belong in tune ups. His words.

Comment

I am sure they want Israel Vasquez or fiinito lopez.. What is going on with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Former world champion Amir Khan (31-4, 19 KOs) has several recognizable names in the running to fight him on April 21, at the Echo Arena in Liverpool. Khan recently signed a three fight deal with Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport. The Bolton boxer has been inactive since May of 2016, when he moved up to a catch-weight of 155-pounds and was knocked out by then WBC middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              Nothing to worry about here Mr Warren . Non of those guys should be fighting Khan.

Comment

Even these fighters will check that chin

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  Bradley Skeete anyone?!!...
                  That would have been my guess

Skeete is a decent active fighter though . Defiantly not a push over

Comment

Hearn will be looking to get that fragile Jewish lad out of retirement for a rematch

Can’t remember his name

Comment

cherry picker

I bet it's gonna be Paulie Malignaggi!!

Comment

Working...
                      X