Fighters that never had a close fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stynpine View Post
    Ali Raymi.
    I guess the same can be said for Edwin Valero.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      Which fighters either lose clearly or won clearly on pretty much every occasion?.

I have:
      Edwin Valero
      Naseem Hamed
      Prime Roy Jones (besides the first Tarver fight and the Griffith fight before the DQ)
      Gerald McClellan
      Mike Tyson
      Lennox Lewis
      Tito Trinidad
      I think nearly all fighters are tested at one point in their careers. Unless they are completely untested like Valero. Hamed suffered plenty of knockdowns, Prime Jones was tested by Hopkins, Lewis by Mercer, Trinidad by Oscar etc

Comment

Any reason why Escopeta Monzon hasn't been mentioned yet ?, all his fights had a clear winner, can't speak for his 2 losses early in his career as they're not on film.

Comment

Not sure if anyone mentioned Terry Norris. I don't recall him ever losing or winning anything close.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I think nearly all fighters are tested at one point in their careers. Unless they are completely untested like Valero. Hamed suffered plenty of knockdowns, Prime Jones was tested by Hopkins, Lewis by Mercer, Trinidad by Oscar etc
            I don't think that being tested or bested equals having a close fight, the Dela Hoya vs Trinidad fight wasn't close imo, the Jones vs Hopkins fight wasn't close imo, Lewis vs Mercer was close indeed, Hamed was knocked down several times, but he usually got up to stop the guy, so that means that he won clearly.

Comment

Working...
            X