Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe keith thurman's injury is real?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's obviously real, it's ******ed to think otherwise, especially considering he's already paid for sparring, training expenses etc, also the fight is still going ahead, it's just delayed by a few weeks, so there's nothing to gain by faking an injury.

A bunch of NSB warriors think otherwise doe...

Comment

Yea. "Fake injuries" are mostly something fans dream up but rarely happen save for subversive contract disputes. That said, the time it took to make this fight, plus this on top seems a little suspect so I understand the suspicion. If I was Porter I'd move on.

Comment

when thurman was on hbo and knocking out cans he was everybodys favorite lol.. dude stays with haymon and doesnt knock everyone out and suddenly hes a coward

Comment

Yeah, but you've got to admit that it kinda is valid fuel for the "Thurman ducking" argument.

Comment

This reminds me of Wlad pulling out of Fury. Wlad did fear Fury.

Comment

Yes, I think his injury is real. If he was afraid to fight Porter he would not have signed the contract in the first place. I can't think of any reason he would fake an injury and he has no history of pulling out of fights. I don't like to assume a man is lying when there is no proof at all that he is lying. I am very disappointed the fight has been postponed or perhaps cancelled. It was a good fight and an important fight to help sort out who is the best at 147.

Comment

I don't know. Too many extremes here. Some are acting like everything is fake and some are blindly trusting Thurman when he has been distant for a long time since this fight was first discussed and he could easily provide a police report if he wanted to (not that he is obligated to).

Faking of injuries do happen in boxing. One off the top of my head is Abner Mares clearly faked an injury to try to get his contract to run out on Frank Ezpinoza and go to Haymon...it ended up not working but Haymon paid Ezpinoza a lot of money to release Mares, regardless.

I would guess with 65% certainty that Thurman is really banged up from a car accident or some other event.

Comment

Originally posted by NUCLEAR View Post
                  Or he is just stalling the fight for some unknown reason.
                  No just another way Haymon protects his fighter from a potential loss

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Yea. "Fake injuries" are mostly something fans dream up but rarely happen save for subversive contract disputes. That said, the time it took to make this fight, plus this on top seems a little suspect so I understand the suspicion. If I was Porter I'd move on.
                    ever heard of david haye??

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      when thurman was on hbo and knocking out cans he was everybodys favorite lol.. dude stays with haymon and doesnt knock everyone out and suddenly hes a coward
                      is that yusaf mack next to elton john??

Comment

Working...
                      X