Collapse
No announcement yet.

California is leading the way dealing with Trump's immigration issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] California is leading the way dealing with Trump's immigration issue

California Assemblyman Phil Ting says the state "should build bridges, not walls." If a California company opts to contract or subcontract the wall along the U.S. Mexico border, the San Francisco Democrat wants to deny them state tax breaks. He has introduced legislation.

"If you want to be part of the building of that wall you can't access any of our tax breaks or incentives."

Ting says more than 375 firms nationwide have expressed interest in working on the wall. the Tax breaks California companies would forfeit under his legislation include a break for hiring new employees and a credit for buying manufacturing and research equipment.

It's the latest effort by opponents to halt what the President describes as his "big beautiful border wall."

Ting says Mexico is California's biggest trading partner to the tune of 25 billion a year.. he says the border wall could "spur market instability" throughout California's economy. Still, he expects a challenge at the State Capitol, particularly from business groups.

He expects his bill to be heard in committee next month.

The wall is not going to be built, it is just to keep voters from feeling betrayed. The wall is a threat to the ecological system, it will separate the environment and the animals in it. Just for that, it should not be built. A wall going from the gulf of mexico to the pacific is a bit extreme. The did built one in Germany after world war two and it worked EXTREMELY well in splitting the country. That wall was torn down in 1989, in fact I just happened to have seen a section of it today at Rice University.

But if it is built, which I doubt, it will definitely be a significant human barrier.

Comment

The wall is inhumane it does nothing other than symbolize that we are segregated which is ABSOLUTELY the opposite of what the country was founded upon.

Comment

Im in favor for smart logical bills like these, I do have an active california drivers license so I will be driving down and casting my vote when/if the time comes.

#MXTAKEOVERMOVEMENT

Comment

Look at what these savages wanna do

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...mmigrants.html

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
            The wall is inhumane it does nothing other than symbolize that we are segregated which is ABSOLUTELY the opposite of what the country was founded upon.
            Do you have doors in your house?

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              Im in favor for smart logical bills like these, I do have an active california drivers license so I will be driving down and casting my vote when/if the time comes.

#MXTAKEOVERMOVEMENT

Im mexican but ur a mojado

Comment

Originally posted by FlatWhite View Post
                The wall is not going to be built, it is just to keep voters from feeling betrayed. The wall is a threat to the ecological system, it will separate the environment and the animals in it. Just for that, it should not be built. A wall going from the gulf of mexico to the pacific is a bit extreme. The did built one in Germany after world war two and it worked EXTREMELY well in splitting the country. That wall was torn down in 1989, in fact I just happened to have seen a section of it today at Rice University.

But if it is built, which I doubt, it will definitely be a significant human barrier.
                Republicans went from Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall to Build the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Republicans went from Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall to Build the wall
                  The wall that Republicans were referring to in the 80's was metaphorical, the wall that Republicans are advocating for today is literal.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    The wall that Republicans were referring to in the 80's was metaphorical, the wall that Republicans are advocating for today is literal.
                    No. Reagan literally stood in front of the physical Berlin wall and said Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall.

Do you trust the government enough to be walled in?

Comment

Working...
                    X