Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Horn Will Be Streamed Through ESPN+ Subscription App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Do you honestly think Top Rank has it in their stable to even deliver a Horn-Crawford fight (a good fight, but honestly not a great fight, full disclosure) 12 times per year, plus fill the other dates that they owe ESPN? I think not.

Beyond that, WatchESPN streams live ESPN content; nowhere in any of this talk was there mention of WatchESPN being rolled into ESPN+, so fall back.

Have fun with Horn-Crawford and watching college wrestling.
    Looks how many great fights they already put on and have scheduled for this year. Beltran Moses, Valdez Quigg, Ramirez Iman, Loma Linares, Magdaleno Dogboe, Crawford Horn ect. The only **** card they put on was Ramirez Ahmed. Thats 6 out of 7 really good fights wheras showtume puts on 6 out of 7 dog **** fights. The Espn app will be less and we'll get much better fights so you can keep your Showtime and ill be watching the good fights

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      I don’t watch any other content other than boxing on showtime. So 5 bucks a for good event is nothing. Star bucks drink cost that. Im pretty much paying that for showtime, they have two events per month for $10 that i pay.
      Exactly! And Espn has put on great cards this year, way better than Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
        Im not saying its the greatest thing since sliced bread, i bought the upgraded Satellite package just to have Espn. However if your a boxing fan 5 dollars each month to watch a good card like Crawford Horn is actually a pretty good deal. And your crazy if you think the Crawford Horn ppv which only had 50k buyers is more exposure than this. Look how big streaming services have gotten, its a huge industry. This caters specifically to boxing fans who dont have cable or to fans who only watch Espn for the boxing and those other sports. Crawford Horn is not Espn3 level programming. This is basically like the Netflix for sports fans except half the price. And like I said this fight alone will probably generate 500k new subscribers for the app. At 5 dollars a month that is a very large amount of money being generated, much more so than if it were on ppv except we get to watch it for 5 bucks
        This app hasnt come out yet. I could understand if this was a year from now & the app was established and they had a huge subscriber base. Crawford is the guinea pig. And now that I know they aren't showing live events from their main station what's the point of me getting this app? Sure, I'll buy the Crawford fight.

I'm going to the barbershop today. My barbershop is full of fight fans. They aren't casual fans but they arent hardcore enough to post on boxing sites. They know who Crawford & Horn are. We get together at the shop & watch fights. Imma ask them what channel is the Crawford fight coming on. I'll let you know.

Comment

Whether you pay for Showtime, Hbo, or the upgraded cable package that gives you Espn you are paying money to watch boxing no matter how you look at it. The question is which option gives you the most bang for your buck and it looks like hands down 5 dollars a month for Top Rank espn fights is the best value out there. I spend more than that a day on a pack of cigarettes

Comment

Looks how many great fights they already put on and have scheduled for this year. Beltran Moses, Valdez Quigg, Ramirez Iman, Loma Linares, Magdaleno Dogboe, Crawford Horn ect. The only **** card they put on was Ramirez Ahmed. Thats 6 out of 7 really good fights wheras showtume puts on 6 out of 7 dog **** fights. The Espn app will be less and we'll get much better fights so you can keep your Showtime and ill be watching the good fights
            Those are good fights. Not great fights. Besides Loma-Linares the rest are trade fights. Ramirez-Iman is a good fight on the undercard of Loma-Linares or Crawford-Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Here you go, Brother Mustafa.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ghts/24953921/

Looking at the Top Rank launch release, I only see the possibility of ABC fights mentioned. I also don't see anything in this press release that states that possibility over.
              I'm not sure who Mustafa is? Are you I'm assuming I'm Arabic or Black so you thought you thought you'd make a clever little racial comment?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I'm not sure who Mustafa is? Are you I'm assuming I'm Arabic or Black so you thought you thought you'd make a clever little racial comment?
                You got served. Now you're crying about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  You got served. Now you're crying about it.
                  You got served? Lord have mercy.

No tears, but you're avoiding the question. You could've kept it to boxing. Why the Brother Mustapha comment?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    I don’t watch any other content other than boxing on showtime. So 5 bucks a for good event is nothing. Star bucks drink cost that. Im pretty much paying that for showtime, they have two events per month for $10 that i pay.
                    Showtime has way more than two events per month, made more glaring when you count ShoBox, and that's only counting the boxing content (or the fact that the library, in some part, is also available to you for the same fee).

$5 per month ($60 out of your pocket for the year) for Horn-Crawford and the blind hope that Arum will simply **** regular ESPN and put his only decent matchups on ESPN+. lol

Comment

Call those great fights if you want, the only one of those matchups that folks are openly talking about being a good fight in Linares-Lomachenko (and maybe Imam-Ramirez, since both seem to be at about the same level). And that's before you count the 50:1 or worse fights on the undercards.

Without even acknowledging the scheduled fights, Showtime has already put on 9 fights this year, all the fights were more than competitive, and you can't honestly point to a dud fight in the bunch (maybe Easter Jr- Fortuna, but that's about it).

There's no need to lie, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X