Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We'd Fight Joshua at 60-40 Split in His Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
    forget all this money talk to the public get that sorted behind closed doors - we just want to see the title holders face up v each other.
    Exactly right!!! We just want to see the scrap!!

Comment

The WBA rules for purse bid splits are 75/25 in favor of the champion.

The IBF rules for purse bid splits are 75/25 in favor of the champion.

The WBO rules for purse bid splits are 75/25 favor of the champion.

Considering that those rules apply when fighting a mandatory then you have to figure that Joseph Parker deserves much better than that. He is a world champion in his own right.

80/20 is a complete slap in the face and pure greed from Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Ha Ha Ha, JP trying to cash in before his stock drops.

Comment

60/40 ??????

That's a bit high!!!
          At most 35%!!!!

Comment

Jospeh Parker is a world champion, so he needs to be treated like one! I believe that 60-40 or 65-35 is reasonable! (Anything lower is pathetic!)...

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
              Jospeh Parker is a world champion, so he needs to be treated like one! I believe that 60-40 or 65-35 is reasonable! (Anything lower is pathetic!)...
              He could be the King of Samoa for all it's worth, at the end of the day nobody outside of NZ/Samoa has the remotest clue who he is and the only thing of worth he brings to the table is his WBO strap. THAT alone is not worth 40% of the purse, nor even 35% TBH. I'd say 30% max, and that is being really generous.

Comment

Hi im joseph parker,

You may remember me from the youtube borefest that was Parker vs Fury ( the **** one ).

Y'know.. the one where mick "thr michelin man" Hennessy said hughie looked like ali. I myself didnt notice the blackface make up but he definitelynwasnt talking about the boxing...

Still no? Well.. you must know me from when i foight dimitrenko?? You know.. that one where my team couldnt get the money together so we had to have the NZ government loan us it and get burger king to sponsor it all like they did with me and fat boy Ruiz?....

Still no?? Ok well whatever, i wana fight AJ and im happy with just 40%

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
                  He could be the King of Samoa for all it's worth, at the end of the day nobody outside of NZ/Samoa has the remotest clue who he is and the only thing of worth he brings to the table is his WBO strap. THAT alone is not worth 40% of the purse, nor even 35% TBH. I'd say 30% max, and that is being really generous.
                  If I was Jospeh Parker, I would not face Anthony Joshua then! (At some point, Anthony Joshua is going to want to unify the Heavyweight division! And that's the point when Jospeh Parker can demand 35/40% of the earnings! In the mean time, apart of afew rugby players! Jospeh Parker must be a pretty popular athlete in New zealand/Samoa, he could easily make a decent living just facing WBO contenders!).

I have a feeling that Jospeh Parker's big payday will come from facing ether David Haye or Tony Bellew! (In 2018, I think we will see him face David Haye instead of Anthony Joshua!)...

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    If I was Jospeh Parker, I would not face Anthony Joshua then! (At some point, Anthony Joshua is going to want to unify the Heavyweight division! And that's the point when Jospeh Parker can demand 35/40% of the earnings! In the mean time, apart of afew rugby players! Jospeh Parker must be a pretty popular athlete in New zealand/Samoa, he could easily make a decent living just facing WBO contenders!).

I have a feeling that Jospeh Parker's big payday will come from facing ether David Haye or Tony Bellew! (In 2018, I think we will see him face David Haye instead of Anthony Joshua!)...
                    Yep, he could certainly do that, they are already talking about going to China to face some no-name Chinese HW for big $$$$. Makes me crack up when Parker says 'my belt isn't for sale.' OK then, that's why you are thinking of facing this really dangerous Chinese dude, coz he's a legit challenger, nothing to do with money

The only wrinkle in your plan for him is very soon he may have to deal with a mandatory fight against some guy called Povetkin which will probably take place in Russia. That could prove problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      Lol @ the starting point is 50/50 as a mark of respect. That's not how business is done its based on money. And once you look at the figures you'll see that there's no way Parker deserves 50%. Even 60/40 is very generous id be very surprised if they got that.
                      That's when we should know that Higgins comments are a mere negotiation tactic. Fair play to him for doing what he can to maximize his guy's $. No harm in that.

I think we have a lower limit for Parker; Pulev as an IBF mandatory got at least 25%. The fight will happen though...too much money.

Comment

Working...
                      X