No announcement yet.

My Thoughts on Racial Violence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
    Listen guy, you need to first and foremost learn how per capita works when you posts your stats. The numbers you posted actually hurt your case. Second you sincerely believe in communism. It's kind of hard to take a guy seriously who literally said that he thinks a heart surgeon and the 16 year old working behind a Mc'Donalds counter should be paid the same.
    First Commentator:

And a challenger bursts into the ring, demanding a contest against the champ!

Second Commentator:

Didn't SunSpace already defeat this guy, though?

First Commentator:

It appears he's set on a rematch!

Dude, it doesn't hurt my case, because I was never debating which race per capita commits the most crime. I was countering the claim someone made of Black people being responsible for the majority of crime in the United States, overall.

That was completely false, and I proved it.

That's all there is to that.

As to the personal insults, we already went through this on the other thread. I won there, and I'll win here, too.

Think of something new, at least.

Also, all the people who have challenged me on this conveniently ignore that my entire point is that people of all races commit crime, and that there's no basis upon which to exercise racial discrimination. Hence, even if it WERE a debate including per capita, I still end up winning.

No. Way. Out.
    Last edited by SunSpace; 07-11-2016, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      First Commentator:

And a challenger bursts into the ring, demanding a contest against the champ!

Second Commentator:

Didn't SunSpace already defeat this guy, though?

First Commentator:

It appears he's set on a rematch!

Dude, it doesn't hurt my case, because I was never debating which race per capita commits the most crime. I was countering the claim someone made of Black people being responsible for the majority of crime in the United States, overall.

That was completely false, and I proved it.

That's all there is to that.

As to the personal insults, we already went through this on the other thread. I won there, and I'll win here, too. Think of something new, at least.

I like you SunSpace, what do you do for work.

Comment

I like you SunSpace, what do you do for work.
        Aww, I like you, too.

Let this be a lesson to everyone here that debating doesn't necessarily have to lead to hard feelings. Some people have the courage to look past the competitive aspect of it and shake hands with the opponent. Clearly, Enayze is one of those people.

Unfortunately, I'm unemployed. PR is going through a depression, and I can't find work anywhere. You know what sucks? It sucks to know I'm part of a "lost generation." Like, you read about that in history books (great depression and so forth), but you never really think it could happen to you.

Comment

Aww, I like you, too.

Let this be a lesson to everyone here that debating doesn't necessarily have to lead to hard feelings. Some people have the courage to look past the competitive aspect of it and shake hands with the opponent. Clearly, Enayze is one of those people.

Unfortunately, I'm unemployed. PR is going through a depression, and I can't find work anywhere. You know what sucks? It sucks to know I'm part of a "lost generation." Like, you read about that in history books (great depression and so forth), but you never really think it could happen to you.
          Who do you blame for Puerto Ricos depression.

Comment

Who do you blame for Puerto Ricos depression.
            The United States' government and Puerto Rico's government share responsibility.

Comment

The United States' government and Puerto Rico's government share responsibility.
              Why are the Puerto Ricans blaming the U.S. government.

Comment

Why are the Puerto Ricans blaming the U.S. government.
                Puerto Ricans believe both the U.S. government and PR's government itself share responsibility, so it's hard to talk about one without the other. Ultimately, though, there's a long list of reasons as to why the U.S. is considered equally responsible:

1. They colonized PR to use our people and land for war, while proceeding to tell us we were a "freely associated state," which they now pretty much admitted to the U.N. was a lie (more on that further down the list).
                2. The U.S. used PR as a tax haven for companies when it suited them and then abandoned the island once Mexico became available. Considering that they played a part in structuring our economy that way, it's the equivalent of stabbing us in the back and leaving us to die after a business deal.
                3. The U.S. cut all those incentives for business they took advantage of in the past, leaving PR helpless to compete against any other country with low wages.
                4. Once the economy on the island began crashing, the U.S. (through Wall Street) began offering us vulture loans. These are actually the source of our present economic disaster, because nothing was ever done about the ability of our economy to resuscitate, hence our government could only continue to borrow. This portion here would be the equivalent of offering a homeless man a dollar in exchange for his repaying 20 dollars back the next day.
                5. We are taxed double by the United States. Even if a ship carrying goods sails past the island, it must continue on to a port on mainland U.S., and only then can it return. Thus, we have to pay additional taxes for all of those extra trips, which weakens our economy even further and, of course, makes us even less competitive.
                6. They have approved legislation which will hand over control of the island to a board of mainland Americans (mostly chosen by the Republican congress), which will in effect govern us, thus functionally displacing PR's governor and the government itself overall. This is precisely why they told the U.N. we, essentially, never had the right to self-government in the first place, which is an absolute lie. They used the fact that it was treacherously, I might add, never written down legally to eliminate more than 60 years of self-government by basically shrugging their shoulders at the agreement our union with the U.S. was based on.
                7. It's no secret that the sole purpose of this government takeover is to guarantee the payment of vulture loans to Wall Street, which just so happen to be donors of those congressmen.
                8. We pay more into the U.S. (Social Security and Medicare) than we get back, which harms us as well.
                9. To add insult to injury, American chains have taken over the island, thus exacerbating joblessness even further. They've secured deals which have exempted them from paying taxes here, as well.

I'm probably missing quite a few additional reasons here, but that is essentially why Puerto Ricans view the U.S. as equally responsible for this crisis. The U.S. took advantage of PR from the beginning of its relationship and never stopped. Now, they're bleeding the island dry.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...status/486887/

And don't even get me started on our own government...-_-

PR's government, as you can tell from my sob story earlier in this thread, is consumed by corruption. And our politicians have made everything worse by only caring for their own riches at the expense of the island. They essentially allowed themselves to be bought, over and over again.

Last edited by SunSpace; 07-11-2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X