Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua On Dealing With Criticism: "It's Hard To Ignore It"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
    Alot of haters out there looking for anyway to tear a man down. Peeps wanted to see him trade with Ruiz in the second fight just hoping to see him fall again. Man boxed Ruiz's ears off, got the W, his titles back, & redeemed himself. Let the haters keep hating while you winning.
    There was a reason people wanted to see him trade. He was being promoted as a knock out machine and suddenly he gets knocked out by a guy who took the fight on super short notice coming off a fight. Even my mother would have boxed Ruiz's ear off in the remach. That man was too fat to even wipe his own butt. I would not go so far as say AJ redeemed himself. AJ came out with a sound game plan stuck to it and got the job done. His chin is still weak in my opinion and I though it was even before the Ruiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
      There was a reason people wanted to see him trade. He was being promoted as a knock out machine and suddenly he gets knocked out by a guy who took the fight on super short notice coming off a fight. Even my mother would have boxed Ruiz's ear off in the remach. That man was too fat to even wipe his own butt. I would not go so far as say AJ redeemed himself. AJ came out with a sound game plan stuck to it and got the job done. His chin is still weak in my opinion and I though it was even before the Ruiz fight.
      Sounding like a casual buying into the nonsense that is said about promotions. Theres a bunch of guys that are promoted like knockout machines. Doesn't mean they get a KO every time out. Can't KO everybody. A real boxing fan knows that you can't fight everybody the same way bc not everybody is the same as the next guy. It's called making adjustments. He made the necessary adjustments needed from the first fight to avoid exposing his weaknesses again & used his strengths to get the W. Not his fault Ruiz came in looking like what people originally thought he was. Getting the W is all that matters. Period.

Comment

Sounding like a casual buying into the nonsense that is said about promotions. Theres a bunch of guys that are promoted like knockout machines. Doesn't mean they get a KO every time out. Can't KO everybody. A real boxing fan knows that you can't fight everybody the same way bc not everybody is the same as the next guy. It's called making adjustments. He made the necessary adjustments needed from the first fight to avoid exposing his weaknesses again & used his strengths to get the W. Not his fault Ruiz came in looking like what people originally thought he was. Getting the W is all that matters. Period.
        Sounding like someone who uses the term casual way too casual as if it means something.

Look at AJ's history. Aside from Parker, he had knocked out every single opponent going into the Ruiz fight. Who else has recently done that? Wilder. They were both touted as knock out artists and on a collision course with each other. I agree you cannot fight everyone the same way but since you act like what you claim others to be, AJ has been fighting everyone else the same way and eventually he ran into an opponent who could take his punishment and dish it back. A real boxing fan would see that both AJ and Wilder fought the same way against everyone and never really changed much in their style. I also agree that getting the W is all that matters but you acting like what you claim others to be(again) fail to notice that Ruiz came in way overweight even for his standards and a W for AJ would have been easy regardless. AJ literally ran away the entire fight and just jabbed Ruiz. If AJ stunned Ruiz he was too afraid to engage. That showed me that AJ is still too fresh and green and is not worthy of being a champ. He still has a lot to learn before he can claim to be a champ.

My point still stands. My mom would have beaten Ruiz that night. Anyone who cannot wipe their own butt has no business in boxing.

Comment

I bet he's noticed the plummeting sales of his AJ merch. At least he's still receiving sponsorship from Hugo Boss - the Na.zi uniform makers. AJ always taking a stand.. oh wait

Comment

Sounding like someone who uses the term casual way too casual as if it means something.

Look at AJ's history. Aside from Parker, he had knocked out every single opponent going into the Ruiz fight. Who else has recently done that? Wilder. They were both touted as knock out artists and on a collision course with each other. I agree you cannot fight everyone the same way but since you act like what you claim others to be, AJ has been fighting everyone else the same way and eventually he ran into an opponent who could take his punishment and dish it back. A real boxing fan would see that both AJ and Wilder fought the same way against everyone and never really changed much in their style. I also agree that getting the W is all that matters but you acting like what you claim others to be(again) fail to notice that Ruiz came in way overweight even for his standards and a W for AJ would have been easy regardless. AJ literally ran away the entire fight and just jabbed Ruiz. If AJ stunned Ruiz he was too afraid to engage. That showed me that AJ is still too fresh and green and is not worthy of being a champ. He still has a lot to learn before he can claim to be a champ.

My point still stands. My mom would have beaten Ruiz that night. Anyone who cannot wipe their own butt has no business in boxing.

Lol. You reinforced me with most of this. Not his fault Ruiz failed to train & wasn't able to find AJ because was able to adjust & fight a more successful gameplan that got him a clear decision. If everybody thought he was gonna come in and fight the same way that got him knocked out to entertain and risk another big L, then that's on them. Name of the game is hit and don't get hit & he played to a T. To say he's too green and not worthy of being called champ is just shading him. He's got three of the four belts in the division and has fought nothing but the top comp the division has to offer at the time not named Wilder or Fury. Fury is still the lineal & WBC champ regardless, but Joshua is the unified champ. Hoping that fight happens if he gets past Pulev and Fury blows throught Wilder again.

Comment

Lol. You reinforced me with most of this. Not his fault Ruiz failed to train & wasn't able to find AJ because was able to adjust & fight a more successful gameplan that got him a clear decision. If everybody thought he was gonna come in and fight the same way that got him knocked out to entertain and risk another big L, then that's on them. Name of the game is hit and don't get hit & he played to a T. To say he's too green and not worthy of being called champ is just shading him. He's got three of the four belts in the division and has fought nothing but the top comp the division has to offer at the time not named Wilder or Fury. Fury is still the lineal & WBC champ regardless, but Joshua is the unified champ. Hoping that fight happens if he gets past Pulev and Fury blows through Wilder again.

Comment

And that's why I can't be a Joshua fan. Dude is a princess.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  And that's why I can't be a Joshua fan. Dude is a princess.

A mental midget and a man with the heart of a squirrel.

Between comments like this and the beating Ruiz gave him, followed by the most risk averse win possible in the second fight, has me favoring his opponents against him, even if they should be underdogs, from here on out.

Comment

Lol. You reinforced me with most of this. Not his fault Ruiz failed to train & wasn't able to find AJ because was able to adjust & fight a more successful gameplan that got him a clear decision. If everybody thought he was gonna come in and fight the same way that got him knocked out to entertain and risk another big L, then that's on them. Name of the game is hit and don't get hit & he played to a T. To say he's too green and not worthy of being called champ is just shading him. He's got three of the four belts in the division and has fought nothing but the top comp the division has to offer at the time not named Wilder or Fury. Fury is still the lineal & WBC champ regardless, but Joshua is the unified champ. Hoping that fight happens if he gets past Pulev and Fury blows throught Wilder again.
                    He won those belts from the fattest athlete in professional sport, who forgot to train. Hardly an achievement. It's up there with Charles Martin world title winning fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

A mental midget and a man with the heart of a squirrel.

Between comments like this and the beating Ruiz gave him, followed by the most risk averse win possible in the second fight, has me favoring his opponents against him, even if they should be underdogs, from here on out.
                      It’s a big reason I don’t think he can beat Fury, aside from the fact Fury is just a better fighter.

Fury might’ve his issues out of the ring but we’ve seen he never folds on the big occasion, he only gets better.

AJ went to USA and he wilted, first time out of his comfort zone.

You simply cannot go into a fight with Fury if you’ve shown signs of being a mental midget in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X