Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit festival wanted to charge white people double.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    But what about #2?
    But what about #2?!?!?
    But what about #2?!?!?
    But what about #2?!?!?
    Wtf?

Comment

Here's what they said when asked:

WHY DO WE HAVE POC(PEOPLE OF COLOR) AND NONPOC(WHITE PEOPLE) TICKETS? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!

EQUALITY MEANS TREATING EVERYONE THE SAME.

EQUITY IS INSURING EVERYONE HAS WHAT THEY NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

OUR TICKET STRUCTURE WAS BUILT TO INSURE THAT THE MOST MARGINALIZED COMMUNITIES (PEOPLE OF COLOR) ARE PROVIDED WITH AN EQUITABLE CHANCE AT ENJOYING EVENTS IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITY(BLACK DETROIT).

AFFORDING JOY AND PLEASURE IS UNFORTUNATELY STILL A PRIVILEGE IN OUR SOCIETY FOR POC AND WE BELIEVE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO RECEIVING SUCH.

WE'VE SEEN TOO MANY TIMES ORGASMIC EVENTS HAPPENING IN DETROIT AND OTHER POC POPULATED CITIES AND WHAT CONSISTENTLY HAPPENS IS PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY BENEFITING MOST FROM AFFORDABLE TICKET PRICES BECAUSE OF THEIR PROXIMITY TO WEALTH.

THIS CYCLE DISPROPORTIONATELY DISPLACES BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING ENTERTAINMENT IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITIES.

AS AN AFROFUTURIST YOUTH LEAD INITIATIVE THE VOICES OF OUR YOUTH INFORM OUR RESISTANCE.

HERE'S WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY:

"IF YOU DON'T SEE MY BLACKNESS, YOU DON'T SEE ME. PERIOD!"
      https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...ice/ar-AADYSzV

Bunch of weak-minded individuals.

Nothing like a sugar-coated racism price hike to justify your BS.

White people who attend this trash despite what's happening, deserves to be ripped off.

Even a rapper told them to take a hike:

Rapper pulls out of AfroFuture Fest after finding out white people charged more than people of color.

https://www.news965.com/news/nationa...XtSPaHD0ivO9I/

Comment

But what about #2?!?!?
        Have you made good on your wager yet?

Comment

But what about #2?!?!?
          Dont care.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
            Here's what they said when asked:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...ice/ar-AADYSzV

Bunch of weak-minded individuals.

Nothing like a sugar-coated racism price hike to justify your BS.

White people who attend this trash despite what's happening, deserves to be ripped off.

Even a rapper told them to take a hike:

Rapper pulls out of AfroFuture Fest after finding out white people charged more than people of color.

https://www.news965.com/news/nationa...XtSPaHD0ivO9I/

That rapper's grandmother is white so I'm not surprised.
            Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 07-08-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Wtf?
              I dont live on NSB. Got a house, car and daughter to feed.

Comment

I think charging culture vultures extra to attend a black event is a great idea. They're getting their Mooney on the front end because they won't get it on the back end when their ideas are stolen, repackaged and sold to the masses

#f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 40px; margin-right: 14px; width: 40px;">
                #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; margin-bottom: 6px; width: 100px;">
                #f4f4f4; border-radius: 4px; flex-grow: 0; height: 14px; width: 60px;">
                View this post on Instagram
                #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(0px) translateY(7px);">
                #f4f4f4; height: 12.5px; transform: rotate(-45deg) translateX(3px) translateY(1px); width: 12.5px; flex-grow: 0; margin-right: 14px; margin-left: 2px;">
                #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; height: 12.5px; width: 12.5px; transform: translateX(9px) translateY(-18px);">
                #f4f4f4; border-radius: 50%; flex-grow: 0; height: 20px; width: 20px;">
                #f4f4f4; border-bottom: 2px solid transparent; transform: translateX(16px) translateY(-4px) rotate(30deg)">
                #f4f4f4; border-right: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(16px);">
                #f4f4f4; flex-grow: 0; height: 12px; width: 16px; transform: translateY(-4px);">
                #f4f4f4; border-left: 8px solid transparent; transform: translateY(-4px) translateX(8px);">

OFFICIAL LINE UP IS HERE✨✨✨✨✨ @Afrofutureyouth Is activating the BLACK farm grounds of FEEDOM FREEDOM & YES, this is happening on BLACK Detroit’s ******** Early Bird POC Tickets are $10 and $20 for NONPOC’s & on sale until JULY 17th https://www.eventbrite.com/e/afrofut...chautocomplete As an Artivist I couldn’t be more happy to curate this experience with my poly-team reikiwithnumi & Curtistootrill Prepare for a 360 transformative dreamscape centering Detroit’s Black magic performers and artisans with community. Essence fest meets afro punk; intersecting narratives co-creating the future necessary for black thriving. I’ll leave you with the words of @afrofutureyouth members. “If you don’t see my blackness, you don’t see me. PERIODT!”

A post shared by Afrofuture Youth (@afrofutureyouth) on

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 07-08-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                  I dont live on NSB. Got a house, car and daughter to feed.
                  I meant to ask that question only once. It was a glitch

Comment

The future of Detroit doesn't include black people
                    Dan Gilbert apologizes for 'See Detroit like we do' ad, featuring all white people

Dan Gilbert is apologizing after an ad campaign for his company, Bedrock Detroit, featured all white people and the slogan, "See Detroit like we do."

The window advertisement was sprung up this past weekend on a building Gilbert owns in downtown Detroit, Crain's Detroit Business reports

Comment

The future of Detroit doesn't include black people

Comment

Working...
                      X