Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mentally ill white men is a problem this country refuses to address

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Mentally ill white men is a problem this country refuses to address

After every mass shooting we get the same excuse. "He was mentally ill", yet this country fails to address this problem.

I'm not a white male so I can't speak on what's going on with white men and their mental wellness.

I know the government has been cutting mental illness funding since Reagan.

Mental illness is just as important as physical illness.

If you're a white male who has experienced mental illness, or currently suffering in silence with mental illness, I urge you to seek help. Getting help is not a sign of weakness

Psychology Today offers a national directory of therapists, psychiatrists, therapy groups and treatment facility options.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us

SAMHSA Treatment Locator provides referrals to low cost/sliding scale mental health care, substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment. Phone: 800-662-4357

Suicide And Crisis
    The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention provides referrals to support groups, mental health professionals, resources on loss and suicide prevention information. Phone: 1-888-333-2377

The National Domestic Violence Hotline provides 24/7 crisis intervention, safety planning and information on domestic violence. Phone: 1-800-799-7233

The Suicide Prevention Lifeline connects callers to trained crisis counselors 24/7. They also provide a chat function on their website. Phone: 1-800-273-8255

Learn more about suicide and what to do in a crisis.

Mental Health Conditions
    Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) provides information on prevention, treatment and symptoms of anxiety, depression and related conditions. Phone: 240-485-1001

Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) provides information and referrals on ADHD, including local support groups. Phone: 800-233-4050

Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) provides information on bipolar disorder and depression, offers in-person and online support groups and forums. Phone: 1-800-826-3632

International OCD Foundation provides information on OCD and treatment referrals. Phone: 617-973-5801

Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America (SARDAA) maintains the Schizophrenia Anonymous programs, which are self-help groups and are now available as toll free teleconferences. Phone: 240-423-9432

Sidran Institute helps people understand, manage and treat trauma and dissociation; maintains a helpline for information and referrals. Phone: 410-825-8888

TARA (Treatment and Research Advancements for Borderline Personality Disorder) offers a referral center for information, support, education and treatment options for BPD. Phone: 1-888-482-7227

Research & Statistics
    National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) provides information on statistics, clinical trials and research. NAMI references NIMH statistics for our website and publications. Phone: 1-866-615-6464

Financial Assistance
    Allsup provides non-attorney representation when applying for SSDI. Phone: 800-279-4357

HealthCare.gov provides specific information about coverage options in your state, includes private options, high risk pools and other public programs. Phone: 1-800-318-2596

Needhelppayingbills.com provides information on state and local assistance programs, charity organizations and resources that provide help paying bills, mortgage assistance, debt relief and more.

NeedyMeds provides information on available patient assistance programs. Phone: 1-800-503-6897

Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying individuals without prescription drug coverage get the medications they need.
    https://www.pparx.org/

LOL how many mass shooters are there? Now tell me the percent of that figure with white males on earth.

Comment

Meh

You're more likely to get hurt or killed in a regular robbery or road rage or assault or something other than media hyped up mass shootings

There is so few mass shootings and make up so little of the homicides in this country

Comment

Bwahahahaha!! There's just too many of us to deal with

Comment

This thread should go well

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            After every mass shooting we get the same excuse. "He was mentally ill", yet this country fails to address this problem.

I'm not a white male so I can't speak on what's going on with white men and their mental wellness.

I know the government has been cutting mental illness funding since Reagan.

Mental illness is just as important as physical illness.

If you're a white male who has experienced mental illness, or currently suffering in silence with mental illness, I urge you to seek help. Getting help is not a sign of weakness

There a kinds of black males suffering from mental illness also. Don't you give a ****??

Comment

****ing white people

Comment

Those darned white people, why are they so evil? If only America had more people inhabiting it like Motorcitycobra the crime rate would definitely drop.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  There a kinds of black males suffering from mental illness also. Don't you give a ****??
                  Yes. I'm actually a part of a group that deals with mental illness in the black community. This forum is predominately white males. A lot of white males may not hear this message on a daily basis. I'm trying to remove the stigma of mental illness. You aren't weak or a snowflake if you seek treatment for mentall illness

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X