Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thomas Hearns vs. Julian Jackson at 154.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Hearns vs. Julian Jackson at 154.

Hard punchers with shaky chins. The definition of a don't blink fight. I think Hearns would win most of the time, but Jackson could land first and get the KO.

Yeah, tough call. Isn't Jackson considered one of the best at 154 all time? Whose the top guy there, McCallum?

Comment

Sometimes Jackson does not come right out and go to work. If he had gone right to work against McClellan he might have won. Tommy never had that problem. I'm not sane he would win, but I'm just sane...

Comment

I don't know why, but I would side with Jackson. One of the best one-punch hitters that I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Hard punchers with shaky chins. The definition of a don't blink fight. I think Hearns would win most of the time, but Jackson could land first and get the KO.
          If Jackson can get out of the first round he probably stops Tommy.

Good match-up though. Real pickem.

Comment

The Hawk vs The Hitman
            I’m picking Hearns. Even at 154 I think Tommy wins easy

Comment

Damn, everyone picking Jackson, Hearns was not one but a few levels over him in everything besides power and is not like he couldn't punch at the weight, he is probably the second best puncher at 154, Hearns was just levels above Jackson, Jackson had problems when someone pressured him and he wasn't taking the punches that Leonard, Hagler or Iran Barkley took to get to Hearns, Julian always had a puncher's chance but Hearns is just a different kind of fighter.

Comment

So I take it Jackson is considered one of the best all time at 154? But would he be the best all time at that weight?

Comment

Whoever lands first. Both can obviously end the fight with a flush power shot.

Tommy was by far a better technical fighter and his skill set was much more refined and honed

Comment

speed kills and tommy would kill jj.

Comment

Working...
                    X