No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya-Manny Pacquiao Deal Inches Closer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NONYBOX View Post
    Roy Jones VS Ruiz, we let it happen what's wrong with (Manny Pacquiao vs Oscar De La Joya) This figth has more reasons & motives for both fighters to win.
    Oscar De La Joya must win:
    1. To vindicate the trowing of the signed contract on his face.
    2. To beat up the bully that terrorized his fellow Mexican boxers.
    3. To beat the number one Pound for Pound boxer of the present year.
    Manny Pacquiao must win:
    1. A feat that no Filipino nor Asian can break for centuries.
    2. His dream to be a politician will be on the silver plater.
    2. Filipino will adore him like Deity may even offer him the Presidency.

These motivation factors are worth more than the millions both will earn. Ofcourse the money will jump start the fight but it's just the icing.
    Wrong...
    Manny Pacquiao must win because..
    1. To cement his legacy as the real Mexicutioner though he don't like this tag!
    2. To embarass those who underestimate him including NONYBOX;3902150.
    3. To show to the world that the Mexican has nothing more to offer against Pacman.
    4. To be the highest paid boxer in the LW division in boxing history!
    5. To show that he is real boxer and fearless!

Comment

Im a Pac fan... I honeslty think DLH knocks him out in a good fought match... It doesn't mean Im againts the fight, actually, Im for it... The odds are highly againts my boy, but if there is a chance for anything if he puts his ass into it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity not only to make a ridiculous amount of money but to test his potential while doing it. It is a chance for Manny to be an immortalized figure in boxing. He'd be crazy not to grab this opportunity. If you were given the opportunity to leave your mark on this planet in a life long grueling struggle againts the odds to be the best at what you've labored for with blood, sweat and tears, wouldn't you do it? The money is very enticing but it is not just that for someone as ambitious as Pacquiao. Comming from a
      3rd word country and growing up and treated, as most impovrished people in the P.I. are, as a 5th rate citizen, his ongoing ambitions show his attempts to proove that he is more than an uneducated, uncivilized, street vendor whos only reason for acceptance is his comptence in a sport he happens to excel at. He relishes in the adoration of the Filipino people, and knows that it is boxing that gets him that respect. Sure he wants to finish college and run for office and show he can be looked at as more than just a boxer as he tried to be all at once but came to his senses. Fighting DLH is an opportunity to raise the volume of his accomplishments beyond Filipinos, Mexicans and the hard core audience. I don't think its just the money, but the longing for accpetance and leaving the greatest impression he could possibly leave in his lifetime. Is there a chance Manny is overly ambitious in wanting this venture? Definitely, but it is not our career, our hard work and dedication, our pain and suffering that brought this opportunity to Manny. We took an interest in him and supported his rise to become a lucrative commodity in boxing. He's been underestimated and undercongradtulated but through all that, is still the number one candidate for a fight that many other fighters can only dream about.
      Sure he can get knocked out in 3 seconds, or seriously hurt, this boxing after all. Still this fight remains interesting and the predictablitiy somehow helps create the drama of overcoming the impossible , the air of the uncertainty of human skeptisicm and close minded opinions.. Anyway, many of yall are too full of yourselves if you boycott a fight that might have a unexpected result or witness the horrific decapitation many of yall have seemed to forsee. Eitherway, this fight ends, the way it ends makes this fight unpredictable in itself and very interesting.
      Last edited by Alibata; 08-09-2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I don't blame Manny for taking this fight...

He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he loses he lost to a bigger future HOF. If he wins (unlikely) bigger paydays await. (Mayweather, anyone?) There is no one else out there that would bring as much money as DLH. As as avid fan, I don't plan on watching any of it (on PPV) but Manny's a big boy and understands the business as well as what he would lose if he turned the fight down (from a monitary standpoint). DLH is way too big and once he starts pushing Manny backwards with a painful body attack, Manny will be done in the latter part of the fight. (DLH-9th round TKO) DLH won't tired in this one because he's fighting a much smaller man.

Comment

Funny now Manny is suppose to get no credit for this win now?

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
            Funny now Manny is suppose to get no credit for this win now?
            Not compared to asking people to give him credit for Clottey and Mosley. After this win he embarked on one of the most fraudulent journeys in sports history.

Comment

This illustrates how Manny wasn't getting any hate. Manny was great. A soon as Manny started playing the CW card and getting his Dad Arum strong arming fighters to bend for Manny's advantage, and developed a sudden fear of needles seconds before signing to fight Floyd, I had lost respect for Manny. So please people save your pathetically weak race card on me. Manny was cool, now his just a hyped up, fake persona, sell out who just got schooled twice in a roll.
              Last edited by littlemac; 07-16-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

manny was the underdog on this fight and oscar got the beating of his life that send him to retirement

Comment

Manny was never the problem. Its Arum and his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                    This illustrates how Manny wasn't getting any hate. Manny was great. A soon as Manny started playing the CW card and getting his Dad Arum strong arming fighters to bend for Manny's advantage, and developed a sudden fear of needles seconds before signing to fight Floyd, I had lost respect for Manny. So please people save your pathetically weak race card on me. Manny was cool, know his just a hyped up, fake persona, sell out.
                    floyd is so real he beats women

he even went to jail for it , when keeping it real goes wrong

Comment

lol, nobody gave pacqauio a chance (as I) .. pac has come a long way and succeeded.. we will never see another pacman gentlemen ,love or hate him, he is no doubt the defintion of a "once in a lifetime fighter"..

Comment

Working...
                      X