Spence calls out Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    Canelo wins dominant UD or KO/TKO.

I'd bet real money on this too. Spence is off his rocker if he thinks fighting hea y bag Lamont Peterson at 147 is like fighting Canelo at 160.

Dude is making the mistake of buying into his own hype too soon

I'm not even sure Spence beats Crawford or Lara/Charlo at JMW. With that being said he is the favorite versus every other WW and JMW. I'd take Charlo, Gennady, Canelo, and Jacobs to beat him at 160 (and maybe more)
    Most people lose when they bet though. I wouldn’t be so sure man. Both are clearly very skilled and I do think that Canelo is the naturally bigger guy....but canelo is known to gas and take portions of the fight off. Now when you think about Spence what are his some of his biggest strengths? His chin and his relentless pressure. Spence is a very smart and skilled pressure fighter too. His defense has some holes but he’s walked through everything he’s been hit by so far. If he’s can take canelo’s shots early I’d bet that he’d eventually wear Canelo down. I think that it would be a great fight tho. Spence is bigger than most realize.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Most people lose when they bet though. I wouldn’t be so sure man. Both are clearly very skilled and I do think that Canelo is the naturally bigger guy....but canelo is known to gas and take portions of the fight off. Now when you think about Spence what are his some of his biggest strengths? His chin and his relentless pressure. Spence is a very smart and skilled pressure fighter too. His defense has some holes but he’s walked through everything he’s been hit by so far. If he’s can take canelo’s shots early I’d bet that he’d eventually wear Canelo down. I think that it would be a great fight tho. Spence is bigger than most realize.
      Spoken like a true boxing fan born in January of 2018.

Spence has zero wins against a legitimate WW. His best win is Kell Brook who was coming off a pretty devastating KO loss that required surgery to fix his face...and that fight was competitive for 6-8 rounds.

So what makes you think Spence can even hurt Canelo or any other MW? Golovkin couldn't...? Does Spence have more power than Golovkin? ?

And his chin hasn't been tested yet. He took some shots from Brook, which is nice but that was a damaged goods Brook not the Special K that whooped Porter.

So Spence is highly untested - 0 good wins at WELTERWEIGHT, UNPROVEN power against quality opponents, and UNPROVEN chin against quality opponents - but you "think" Spence beats Canelo????

Man. The opioid crisis is worse than I thought bc you must be high af

Comment

That's a fight id pay money to see !

Let's not act like it would be an impossibility for spence to jump up and beat Canelo
        I geniuinely like that fight

Comment

Spoken like a true boxing fan born in January of 2018.

Spence has zero wins against a legitimate WW. His best win is Kell Brook who was coming off a pretty devastating KO loss that required surgery to fix his face...and that fight was competitive for 6-8 rounds.

So what makes you think Spence can even hurt Canelo or any other MW? Golovkin couldn't...? Does Spence have more power than Golovkin? ?

And his chin hasn't been tested yet. He took some shots from Brook, which is nice but that was a damaged goods Brook not the Special K that whooped Porter.

So Spence is highly untested - 0 good wins at WELTERWEIGHT, UNPROVEN power against quality opponents, and UNPROVEN chin against quality opponents - but you "think" Spence beats Canelo????

Man. The opioid crisis is worse than I thought bc you must be high af
          Whats the point of you being on a boxing forum if you’re too sensitive to deal with a difference of opinion without being a b*tch about it? You talk about Spence like you walked in on him palming the back of you mom’s head or something. It’s not even that serious.

Comment

thanks for the responses

Comment

Spence needs to clear out 147 before thinking about moving up.

Comment

Brook put hands on and hurt Spence in their fight. Dont forget that... Canelo would hurt Errol very bad. Would be a career ending move, especially with his come forward style.

Comment

Spence is too small and untested yet.

Why y'all think he even deserves a shot at Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    Whats the point of you being on a boxing forum if you’re too sensitive to deal with a difference of opinion without being a b*tch about it? You talk about Spence like you walked in on him palming the back of you mom’s head or something. It’s not even that serious.
                    And you talk about Spence like you just finished topping him off and he's officially put you on his payroll as a fluffer????

Two way street. Dick suckers have always irritated me

Comment

And you talk about Spence like you just finished topping him off and he's officially put you on his payroll as a fluffer????

Two way street. Dick suckers have always irritated me
                      Lol at all Crow-barred the **** erotic references. I don’t bash you lifestyle choice ankle grabber, but you don’t have to be so graphic with it. Since I don’t argue with ****sexuals and you’ll obviously keep this going, I’m just going to mute you and remove you from my boxingscene.com experience. Good look twan.

Comment

Working...
                      X