Spence calls out Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy work for Spence he would give canelo a well needed boxing lesson

Comment

Is this the next guy that canelo is "ducking"?

Comment

Canelo would ktfo Spence quick Canelo loves aggressive fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          Is this the next guy that canelo is "ducking"?
          Let's not get things twisted here. I had Canelo winning the Golovkin fight, but it was shameful how he dodged him so blatantly for such a long time.

Golovkin is already shot. That jellyleg-causing uppercut from Brook that lifted Golovkin off the floor, it somehow tamed Golovkin. Made him too careful. He was unable to go for the kill against Jacobs and Canelo, fearing to get hit by such an uppercut again.

Brook knocked the prime out of Golovkin.

Comment

wonder if canelo would agree to fight him 155lbs. he'd suddenly be a full blown mw.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
              Canelo couldn't even beat guys like Lara and Trout convincingly. He would get slaughtered by Spence.
              That's your opinion and I don't agree. I love both Canelo and Spence but Canelo is a true middleweight now while Spence is a great natural welterweight. Canelo is even younger than Spence and just as Spence keeps improving so does Canelo. Canelo's close fights with Lara and Trout were many years ago and he has improved a lot since then. Canelo is a 13 pound naturally bigger boxer than Spence and that gives him an advantage in strength and punching power plus Canelo has a granite chin and it's unlikely Spence could hurt him much. He could hurt Spence. Canelo can also match Spence in hand speed and body punching. Canelo is a far more dangerous opponent than Brook or Peterson. Too dangerous in my opinion. I believe Spence is the world's best welterweight but is too small to beat the best 2 or 3 middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
                Let's not get things twisted here. I had Canelo winning the Golovkin fight, but it was shameful how he dodged him so blatantly for such a long time.

Golovkin is already shot. That jellyleg-causing uppercut from Brook that lifted Golovkin off the floor, it somehow tamed Golovkin. Made him too careful. He was unable to go for the kill against Jacobs and Canelo, fearing to get hit by such an uppercut again.

Brook knocked the prime out of Golovkin.
                Brook got the **** beat out of him and was about 10 seconds away from being knock cold when his trainer rescued him and Brook knocked the prime out of GGG with one uppercut that never stopped him from attacking Brook? Your are nuts and also in the small minority who think Canelo beat him. Since he chased Canelo most of the fight he didn't seem too worry much about the dreaded uppercut. Do you honestly believe the Brook uppercut was the first really hard punch GGG ever got hit with in his long career of amateur and pro fights FFS? He is an 8 to 5 betting favorite to win the rematch so the the bookies don't believe KO loser Brook ruined him. That's one of the strangest statements I have read on this forum.

Comment

stop the nonsense, canelo beats the dog shit out of him

Comment

I love Spence as much as the next guy but his best win is a guy coming down in weight after a horrendous beating/stoppage...and Algieri and Peterson. Canelo has some hall of famers on the resume and just arguably beat a top p4p fighter and is also younger. Again, I love Spence but everyone looks great crushing over matched opponents. Look at GGG, Crawford, Loma, Canelo, Kovalev, etc...they’re crushing everyone they’re supposed to.

Peterson was landing some huge winding hail mary punches that if he was even a decent puncher Spence would be in serious trouble. He can NOT afford to let Danny or Thurman land like that. I favor Spence but it’s alarming that he gets hits with those punches. However...thats what makes him exciting. He seems significantly more vulnerable than the p4p guys but at 147 he’s in a sweet spot physically and in position to fight a lot of talent while retaining a size advantage. Crawford is huge at 140 but I dont know if he’s going to have the same type of success against guys his size...unless he carries his power.

He shouldnt go to 154-160 and fight these other monsters though. It’s a different world and pace up there at the top level. Lara, Andrade, Charlo, BJS, Jacobs, GGG, and Canelo are all exceptionally skilled and probably better pure boxers than Spence and none of them (outside of BJS) is seen as a small puncher. Being honest the top 4 at MW seem so far out of reach for Spence that it’d bother me if his team let it happen. They’re too damn good. I’d probably not even favor Spence if he were the same size as them either (though the more I see him that might change of course).

Stay at 47, become the name and let everyone who builds names
                    At 40 and 54 meet him at 47. It’s not going to be likely anyone becomes more famous than him from 140-154 unless Crawford or Thurman come out of the gauntlet as winners over the rest.

Mikey garcia will never be big enough to legitimately move to 47 but he’s got other people to worry about
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 01-22-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

It would be a good fight.

Spence need to step up to middleweight to fight him.

Maybe in a couple of years.

Wouldn't mind see how BJS gets on with Spence.

Comment

Working...
                      X