No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley reveals why he didn't take the Khan offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
    Shaw said he could of taken the Khan fight and still went his own way.

And after recent events I'll believe Gary Shaw over Tim Bradley.
    LOL and Shaw like MOST PROMOTERS is full of ****. They always put some stupid ass disclaimer in the fine print on contracts and will try to pin in a fighter for x amount of fights / an or years.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
      Because like it or not Khan puts asses on seats and people tune in to watch him (whether that be fans or people hoping to see him get stretched)

Bradley can't even sell out a ballroom in his home town. While Khan can draw up to 20,000 in an arena.

He drew 10,000 against Salita, and that wasn't even in his home town.
      You know damn well those people came to see Salita and Malignaggi (even though some came to see him lose). Come on...And when Khan received that million from Golden Boy, it was his US debut, meaning he had no track record in the states, so how could anyone say he was a draw? He was handed a million because of Golden Boy. In both of his fights in the states, the people came to see Malignaggi and Ortiz and lots of tickets were given away. Doesn't sound like a draw. Not saying he can't be one now, especially after how impressive he's looked.

Comment

Also if Tim Bradley knew he had this issue then why did he call out Khan for July 23rd on live tv?

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          LOL and Shaw like MOST PROMOTERS is full of ****. They always put some stupid ass disclaimer in the fine print on contracts and will try to pin in a fighter for x amount of fights / an or years.
          Exactly. Plus even if Shaw was right, he was FAR too late with that. The offers had already been declined. I highly doubt Bradley pulled the June 30th date out of his ass. It just doesn't make sense.

But it's alright. I'll be the one getting the last laugh again once this fight gets signed, just like I did when the Alexander cheerleaders were crying duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Also if Tim Bradley knew he had this issue then why did he call out Khan for July 23rd on live tv?

That's where the money comes in. If he was going to commit, he wanted loads of money for it. Which he obviously wasn't going to get, so he declined the offer.

We'll see this fight happen, trust me. Both guys want it. Bradley's wanted it for years, and so has Khan, especially after his newly found confidence. And it'll be for all four major titles. And if for some reason we don't it's because Pacquiao's fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
              That's where the money comes in. If he was going to commit, he wanted loads of money for it. Which he obviously wasn't going to get, so he declined the offer.

We'll see this fight happen, trust me. Both guys want it. Bradley's wanted it for years, and so has Khan, especially after his newly found confidence. And it'll be for all four major titles. And if for some reason we don't it's because Pacquiao's fighting him.
              He was getting the best available money out there. His largest purse....which Shaw even increased. Plus 50% of Khan's ppv money.

Comment

I think this is much more simple then people make it out to be. Bradley feels that he would be fighting a tough fight in Kahn for pretty much the same amount of money he could make fighting a lesser guy. He also feels that Kahn has some future star status and the fight would be bigger then, just like he said the whole time about Alexander but ended up fighting him for basic money.

Then on top of that he feels that if he were with a Top Rank then he would be a bigger star which would also make him more money. Even moreso I think he feels that he can sign with Top Rank when the contract expires and probably fight Pac next. Therefore why fight Kahn now when he can either fight a lesser guy for nearly the same money or fight Pac for way more? It wouldnt make sense. That is the bottom line

Comment

Tim gotta finish the contract before he can be a free agent like Nonito Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    I think this is much more simple then people make it out to be. Bradley feels that he would be fighting a tough fight in Kahn for pretty much the same amount of money he could make fighting a lesser guy. He also feels that Kahn has some future star status and the fight would be bigger then, just like he said the whole time about Alexander but ended up fighting him for basic money.
                    It wouldnt be nearly the same money because he wouldnt be getting half of the UK PPV revenue against a "lesser fighter". It was a fantastic deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      It wouldnt be nearly the same money because he wouldnt be getting half of the UK PPV revenue against a "lesser fighter". It was a fantastic deal.
                      well I think HBO guaranteed him to get atleast 1.2mil in his next fight, even against a guy like Maidana while with Khan most say he will still only end up making between 1.3-1.6 so why take that risk? I think Bradley feels like he's past the point of proving himself. Now he wants to make smart business decisions. To me this is either more of HBO's fault for promising him big money even though he doesnt pack the house or he got word from Arum that Top Rank will sign him & give him a Pac fight.

Not only that but again, Khan has star potential. He has the potential to make big money which he's not doing right now in the US and Bradley feels like he's fighting these guys before they are at there peak earning potential. He could probably fight Kahn in a year or 2 for a couple of mil more

Comment

Working...
                      X