Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couldn't Top Rank and Golden Boy come together for a good ESPN card for Loma-Linares?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couldn't Top Rank and Golden Boy come together for a good ESPN card for Loma-Linares?

Both promoters have ESPN cards. I don't see why boxing politics would kill that fight. Maybe throw on Rey Vargas vs Magdaleno for the undercard or something...

Unlikely Golden Boy doesn't even work with Showtime anymore I highly doubtful they'll work with Arum and Espn they're basically exclusive to HBO unless Canelo decides to jump ship to another Network Showtime or etc

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
      Unlikely Golden Boy doesn't even work with Showtime anymore I highly doubtful they'll work with Arum and Espn they're basically exclusive to HBO unless Canelo decides to jump ship to another Network Showtime or etc
      They've been trying to pawn off Linares though.....

Comment

Only if arum is 100% confident his fighter will win.He still mad mosley destroyed his margarita

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Both promoters have ESPN cards. I don't see why boxing politics would kill that fight. Maybe throw on Rey Vargas vs Magdaleno for the undercard or something...
          Would seem easy right? I hope ESPN can tear down barriers that prevent Loma/Berchelt or Loma/Linares.

They seem highly invested in Loma and are trying to position him as the face of boxing so I think they will make fights TR feels he can win.

Comment

The thing is that GB expects 50/50 for fights with Linares knowing very well Linares is not bringing in any revenue compared to likes of Loma or Mikey Garcia. Linares was paid 250k last fight and there was less than 3k people at the Forum, we got free tickets from GB. GB talks tough knowing there's no way any other top fighter of promoter would accept 50/50. There's a reason why Linares always fights over seas and pretty sure GB is probably spending around 300k to pay both Linares and Gesta.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              They've been trying to pawn off Linares though.....
              However GB expects to get 50/50 for Linares to fight Loma or Mikey. But have no problem sending him overseas for fights that they're not a part of.

Comment

I dont know about all that network issue but Linares-Lomachenko on ESPN sounds like a wet dream.

Comment

Working...
                X