No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Horn Generates Monster TV Ratings For ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    Good for Arum, ESPN and most important, the fans. How is it that Arum has a knack for building up fighters into stars? Something Haymon has no clue of. Thurman was expected to become a big star. Yet where is he? The Swift has disappeared too. They're not even talking about their next fights.

Shut your f@ggot ass up pussie. Always hating on Floyd and Haymon when their fights do the highest ratings you fuuck boi. Spence fight with Brook -Crazy numbers. Garcia vs Thurman crazy numbers. Thurman vs Porter crazy numbers. Spence vs Bundu crazy numbers.

Mayweather vs McGregor will break all types of records and guess who is the LEAD promoter and guy of that fight??? You guessed it AL HAYMON you hating ass f@ggot. Haymon was behind the top 3 GROSSING Boxing events ever and will possibly top that this summer. We are also having Garcia vs Broner at the end of this month.

Do us all a favor and jump off a fuucking cliff f@ggot

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
      Shut your f@ggot ass up pussie. Always hating on Floyd and Haymon when their fights do the highest ratings you fuuck boi. Spence fight with Brook -Crazy numbers. Garcia vs Thurman crazy numbers. Thurman vs Porter crazy numbers. Spence vs Bundu crazy numbers.

Mayweather vs McGregor will break all types of records and guess who is the LEAD promoter and guy of that fight??? You guessed it AL HAYMON you hating ass f@ggot. Haymon was behind the top 3 GROSSING Boxing events ever and will possibly top that this summer. We are also having Garcia vs Broner at the end of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Ill say this not bad despite only having one week of promotion. If they rematch on ESPN those numbers will double, the controversy sells. But I doubt Arum will put the rematch on ESPN knowing how greedy he is he will put it on PPV in the states.

Lomachenko and Crawford will do the same numbers that PBC did on ESPN.

I believe Arum is going to build up Horn to fight Crawford down the line.

ESPNs production was amazing, I liked it better than HBO and showtime. Teddy is emotional but that extreme reaction stuff sells big time with fans, so does Stephen A smiths ranting thats why Smith is a draw on their network casuals love outrageous personas.
        It's not better than showtime, git it right. And joe tessitor was starting to sound like Jim lamply from hbo......

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
          Exactly, I have been saying this same thing for a while. Haymon has no idea how to build up fighters. If my son were a top boxing prospect turning pro, I would have him sign with Top Rank to build him into a star, once he reached star status, we would then go to Haymon afterwards. With that said, Arum has trouble timing the big fights after you become a star for the right time, we saw it with Gamboa/Lopez some years back, that should have been a big money fight for those two guys but Arum took too long to put it together. It is probably happening now with Pacquiao/Crawford which should have been made already. One you become a star Al Haymon knows how to get you the most money for the easier fights.
          Problem with your thought is that arum builds them the FAKE way having them fight bums then say he is the next great. That's wack & not fair to real fighters out there putting it down. See with Al he tells you to do your part & the rest should take care of itself. Al don't put you in easy fights, that's arum (loma vs who? Oh, a dude that lost to Walters & moved up in weight & lost his last fight plus got knocked down so he can make loma look like a star on espn) don't kid yourself. Pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
            Good for Arum, ESPN and most important, the fans. How is it that Arum has a knack for building up fighters into stars? Something Haymon has no clue of. Thurman was expected to become a big star. Yet where is he? The Swift has disappeared too. They're not even talking about their next fights.
            Lol....Put down & step away from the crack pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post

You alright?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                ESPN went all out to promote this fight in just a short period of time.
                Yeah they really did, ESPN when they want too man they got some SERIOUS f**King pull. We all have this perception of ESPN as being cut rate -- as far as boxing goes anyway (because of FNF), but when they get behind something, they're obviously as good as it gets when it comes to the world of sports.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Ill say this not bad despite only having one week of promotion. If they rematch on ESPN those numbers will double, the controversy sells. But I doubt Arum will put the rematch on ESPN knowing how greedy he is he will put it on PPV in the states.

Lomachenko and Crawford will do the same numbers that PBC did on ESPN.

I believe Arum is going to build up Horn to fight Crawford down the line.

ESPNs production was amazing, I liked it better than HBO and showtime.
                Yeah like I said up above, we tend to see them as second rate (or event third rate) when it comes to boxing because of Friday Night Fights, but seriously I mean there's no amount of promoting or production that's going to bring in a a bunch of viewers for FNF. That's for the hardest of the hardcore. Minimal budget is/was used and it shows. Hell they probably just told them to go out there and record the **** with an iPhone, lol.

But when they decide to get behind something, like they do with big college football games, NBA playoff games, Monday Night NFL games, etc...man they are a giant. And this is how they treated Pacquiao/Horn. They treated it the same way they do their mammoth college football games. It was f**king awesome. The whole show was really a rousing success. Hell even with the controversy. Of course you had a bunch of motherf**kers who, like always, proclaim how they're "done with boxing" after another controversial decision. But whatever, those same people will be back if ESPN does the Pacquiao/Horn rematch. And some.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  You alright?
                  damn I don't even remember buying sweet science that latte under his name

I thought this was the first time ever seeing him but apparently I had a run in with him in the past since he has a kick me sign and a latte from me

edit: lol and throw in a vibrator in there too

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    damn I don't even remember buying sweet science that latte under his name

I thought this was the first time ever seeing him but apparently I had a run in with him in the past since he has a kick me sign and a latte from me

edit: lol and throw in a vibrator in there too
                    that dude is off the wall. Not sure who's alt that is

Comment

It's safe to say. It's still Pacquiao who can generate those numbers for boxing.

Pacquiao = Mr excitement

Comment

Working...
                      X