Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after u remove popcorn ceiling from a room can u just paint over the exinsting drywal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a popcorn ceiling stucco or wtf is popcorn ceiling? I feel ******ed that idk what this is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Is a popcorn ceiling stucco or wtf is popcorn ceiling? I feel ******ed that idk what this is.
      Yeah it's just stucco, like the stuff you find in office buildings/schools and shi.

TO OP, you're best off following the advice one guy told you, just don't use too much mud right away, cause you don't wanna paint f'd up finishing.

Oh and you really want to do it anyways, not just if there's already damage or flaws, it'll just make everything easier in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        like after you remove all the popcorn,obviously u have to patch up any imperfectins and cracks with spackling paste and then sand it down flush.. but once that is sorted out,is it ready to be primed then painted???or do u have to put a brand new layer of mud for the entire ceiling first before prime/paint??

any help would be appreciated,,

THE REED™
        Cuauhtémoc1520
        Lol most popcorn ceilings are asbestos dummy you prob removed it without a mask too, good job polluting your living area for the next 30 years

Comment

gotta eat the popcorn before you do anything!

trust!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Question: how did you get popcorn on your ceiling? And how did the popcorn actually stain the ceiling?
            i was tripping out more about the cherry lollipop that was stuck up there
            Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I heard older popcorn ceilings may contain asbestos. Whether it does or not ventilation and a mask may be recommended. I had it removed in most of my house and they tented the rooms as well.
            yes,it did contain esbestos so we did have it professinally removed
            Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
            lmfao how did this show up in my tag **** lmfao motherfuckers
            cause i tagged u bruh,this the type of **** that come natural to mexicans,thats why i tagged cuah too.....and reed
            Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            its acoustic ceiling,the **** that went out of style many years ago and most homes r getting rid of
            Originally posted by Hi Rudyo! View Post
            Yeah it's just stucco, like the stuff you find in office buildings/schools and shi.

TO OP, you're best off following the advice one guy told you, just don't use too much mud right away, cause you don't wanna paint f'd up finishing.

Oh and you really want to do it anyways, not just if there's already damage or flaws, it'll just make everything easier in the long term.
            so spackle the imprfections first...then do a thin layer of mud for the entire ceiling? and then prime and painte?
            Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
            Lol most popcorn ceilings are asbestos dummy you prob removed it without a mask too, good job polluting your living area for the next 30 years
            had it profesionally removed turdboy,try again

Comment

i have two cracks i have to repaire and then im gonna sand the entire thing then prime and paint. im only gonna mud the cracks (3 coats) and any imperfections but not the whole thing,i think im gonna caulk the edges of the walls to,hopefully this works

Comment

You've got it mane, sounds so at least.

Stucco doesn't have that much a-best-oh's luckily/sadly anymore. As long as it is not a ceiling from before the mid 1970s there won't be any asbestos. So only the real grungy ones are gonna really mess up your plans. That being said, I've probably been exposed to an ungoldy level over the years, so who knows if I know what a normal amount is anymore
                Last edited by Rudyo; 01-16-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

It really just depends on how many imperfections are in the drywall. If you sanded it, and it looks/feels smooth, you can prime it...

Comment

Working...
                  X