Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Not Focused on Surpassing Marciano's Mark of 49-0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Yes, records for champions who went their entire career undefeated.

Otherwise we could bring up how Sugar Ray Robinson had 128 wins and 1 loss at one point in his glorious career.
    i'm not even arguing that lol, but i cant lose a record once i broke it, thats my point. u came up with this "entire career undefeated bs".

Comment

Don't blink Floyd this will be over quick

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
        i'm not even arguing that lol, but i cant lose a record once i broke it, thats my point. u came up with this "entire career undefeated bs".
        49-0 by itself means nothing, fooking Chavez Jr got to like 46-0 by fighting mostly bums.

The important thing is that you are a world champion who retired undefeated...out of that select group, who had the best record ever?

Comment

wasnt willie pep like 62-0? and chavez had a record like 79-0?
          The record is who "RETIRED" undefeated

Comment

no, we are talking about records and chavez clearly has that record.
            The record is who "RETIRED" undefeated

Comment

49-0 by itself means nothing, fooking Chavez Jr got to like 46-0 by fighting mostly bums.

The important thing is that you are a world champion who retired undefeated...out of that select group, who had the best record ever?
              i wrote chavez and willie pep beat marcianos record, right or wrong? u keep changing the subject, watch my first post in this thread, not arguing with you who had a better legacy or who retired undefeated. marciano had a 8years career compared to 25years of chavez.
              Last edited by Schmerzen; 08-20-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

i wrote chavez and willie pep beat marcianos record, right or wrong? u keep changing the subject, watch my first post in this thread, not arguing with you who had a better legacy or who retired undefeated. marciano had a 8years career compared to 25years of chavez.
                Yes, but Marciano's "record" isn't just the 49-0.

It's the 49-0 AND retiring undefeated. Both of them together. That is the complete significance of it.

Comment

Yes, but Marciano's "record" isn't just the 49-0.

It's the 49-0 AND retiring undefeated. Both of them together. That is the complete significance of it.
                  ok i will take the bait.. if there is such thing as "retired undefeated record" then that belongs to jimmy barry, not marciano.

Comment

ok i will take the bait.. if there is such thing as "retired undefeated record" then that belongs to jimmy barry, not marciano.
                    Who is Jimmy Barry?

And if you are just going for the longest winning streaks without a loss then 49-0 pales in comparison to Jimmy Wilde's 93-0-1.

Comment

no losses no draws no no contests..why are you making this harder then what it is??? RETIRED WITH A PERFECT RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jimmy Barry had 10 draws for crying out loud and most of his wins were against fighters making their debut is this a joke?? his record is **** 51 of his damn wins were by fighters making theri debut or with a 1-2 record
                      Last edited by Larry the boss; 08-20-2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X