Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there a cutoff age where it's no longer acceptable to live with your parents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's different in different cultures/countries. In the US I think if your drifting past 25 these days and haven't figured things out your a bit of a p#ssy or dumba$$. And that's not including people who got a sick or disabled parent to take care of or other unusual circumstances that make living at home needed or more acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      A lot of times today though, you can't afford to live on your own unless you have a girlfriend with you as well.
      Agree with this, that's why I think 25ish makes more sense today, and I'd even add that I think economically in the US there are even parents who can't afford the child to leave cuz they don't make enough money and the kid helping with rent/bills keeps them afloat.

Comment

A lot of times today though, you can't afford to live on your own unless you have a girlfriend with you as well.
        Your dog avi is beyond beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          Tago Nang Tago
          Look son I really love you! but do me and ur Mum a favor and go talk to the Marine recruiter!
          i'm not eligible for the army/marines, i have had lasik surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
            and if so, what do you consider that number to be?

i know someone who is 28 or 29, has a full-time job, makes good money and can easily live on his own but he still lives with his parents rent-free. he's an alcoholic though so he spends a lot of money on booze and other material objects. but the negative stigma isn't really attached to him because he's a very social guy who bangs a lot of hot chicks. and he isn't home very often, pretty much only to sleep or to drink on the porch with friends. he's a cool guy,but no one really questions him as to why he still lives at his mom's house (she doesn't mind him being there, they are old school mexican). i think the fact that he's a womanizer helps since he isn't tied down to one chick who would surely have a problem with him living with his mom if she ever wanted to move in with him.

i think if the same were applied, but say to a 29-year-old man who doesn't have a gf, date, drink, socialize or have a decent paying job or only a part time job the stigma is a lot different. they are looked at like creepy virgin manchildren who spend all day on the internet and jerking off.
            I know a 40 year old guy who is like this. Been a general foreman on a construction site for a decade & a foreman for 5 years before that. He's been pulling down $180000-200000 a year for a long time & still has never moved out. It's weird but he is a total alcoholic. Been in rehab a few times. Gone out drinking with him. His double rye & gingers were $12 drinks at the time & he would leave a $20 every drink... I asked him a few weeks ago if he was still there & he said yes...

Comment

I think it just depends on the person and their situation. I have a friend who is 27 and she works a full time job and makes good money and still lives at home. She is very close with her parents so I don't think anything of it, but I'm also close with my parents and I moved out at 20 and would hate to move back in with them. Plus as others said with the economy today it's not unusual to see people living with their parents til older ages.

Now I must say that if you are 35 and living with your parents because you drink away all your money and are irresponsible, then that is taking it too far. I used to know a guy that was 35, lived at home and paid no bills, yet still never had money because he drank it all away, and on top of that had his mom drive him everywhere. Now that I thought was no longer acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Your dog avi is beyond beautiful.
                Likewise. He's a yorkie mix.

Comment

Likewise. He's a yorkie mix.
                  He is a poon magnet! Jhonny is jealous.

Cute dog player. Too cute.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    I know a 40 year old guy who is like this. Been a general foreman on a construction site for a decade & a foreman for 5 years before that. He's been pulling down $180000-200000 a year for a long time & still has never moved out. It's weird but he is a total alcoholic. Been in rehab a few times. Gone out drinking with him. His double rye & gingers were $12 drinks at the time & he would leave a $20 every drink... I asked him a few weeks ago if he was still there & he said yes...
                    Don't hate. Homie is a boss player. Recognize game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                      and if so, what do you consider that number to be?

i know someone who is 28 or 29, has a full-time job, makes good money and can easily live on his own but he still lives with his parents rent-free. he's an alcoholic though so he spends a lot of money on booze and other material objects. but the negative stigma isn't really attached to him because he's a very social guy who bangs a lot of hot chicks. and he isn't home very often, pretty much only to sleep or to drink on the porch with friends. he's a cool guy,but no one really questions him as to why he still lives at his mom's house (she doesn't mind him being there, they are old school mexican). i think the fact that he's a womanizer helps since he isn't tied down to one chick who would surely have a problem with him living with his mom if she ever wanted to move in with him.

i think if the same were applied, but say to a 29-year-old man who doesn't have a gf, date, drink, socialize or have a decent paying job or only a part time job the stigma is a lot different. they are looked at like creepy virgin manchildren who spend all day on the internet and jerking off.
                      You are way past that age, so make your soft azz useful.

Comment

Working...
                      X