Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable opponent for GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even thought Ward gave an interview with Fight Hype saying he wasn't adding any muscle to move up to 175, he also said he won't go back to 168 for GGG in the future. He knows from Chad Dawson how it weakens you.

Comment

I would match GGG against the Sturm/Chudinov winner. It would be a chance for GGG to finally get his hands on Sturm, and if Chudinov retains, it would be a nice barometer of GGG's power and punch resistance as Chudinov will be in front of him all night. Afterwards, I would match him against Groves in the UK to see if he'd be a viable attraction overseas. Then I would match him against DeGale/Jack.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 02-12-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Most of the guys up there are high ranked boxers or belt holders so most of the would make good opponents for GIGANTIC G to knock out. Ward said he will never return to 168. If he did he would also make a good KO loss victim.

Comment

If it's not Ward than I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
            GGG never gave the same treatment to Ward as Canelo is giving him. there are major differences in the two scenarios, i've argued that point to death so i wont get into it.

That being said i agree with you that Ward vs. GGG would have been a great fight, the reason i put "Ward Doe" option is because in so many cases no matter who the opponent mentioned there are posters who come back and say "well he is willing to fight Froch, Degale, Junior at 168 but not Word" in other words its a sarcastic option at this point in time because that fight isn't happening, but god i hope it does happen eventually if both keep winning.

Also the reason for this thread is just to put a few names out there to see how this community feels about other fighters in the higher weight class. some of these fights are very possible in the near future. I am 99% sure if GGG unifies 160 that he will move up to 168 and might try to accomplish the same thing and some of these fights could be a lot closer then we think.
            the doe gave it away as being a sarcastic option which just goes to show ggg fans go with whatever team ggg says they are like his minions.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin. View Post
              Why do ya'll keep trying make the king of 160 move up? so all the little frauds can come out and play?
              Another subversive attempt to get GGG to move up so that there is maybe, just maybe some way for him to catch a loss....smh, when they shook, they shook!

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
                If it's not Ward than I don't care
                Oh, so you think "lil g" should move up to 175 now?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Even thought Ward gave an interview with Fight Hype saying he wasn't adding any muscle to move up to 175, he also said he won't go back to 168 for GGG in the future. He knows from Chad Dawson how it weakens you.
                  What is so hilarious is that so many people are trying to pretend like Ward moved up because he wanted to. LOL, no he moved up because he just couldn't make 168 anymore which is why he kept trying to drag subpar 168 competition up with him because he really didn't want to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Oh, so you think "lil g" should move up to 175 now?

I'm ok with him fighting at 160 if he fights a live body. Jacobs, Saunders or Canelo preferably.

Otherwise fight Ward at 68

Ya man is shook
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-13-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      the doe gave it away as being a sarcastic option which just goes to show ggg fans go with whatever team ggg says they are like his minions.
                      actually it goes to show that the haters haven't been forgotten, just acknowledgement to them. And the reason i say haters is because this is the only guy who they ever think of when it comes to GGG, no matter if its any other tough challenge they will always come back to Ward Doe. i don't know what that has to do with what team GGG said.

Comment

Working...
                      X