Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else gets extremely nervous during big fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to when I was younger, not so much now...

Comment

I'm extremely nervous during big fights that involve my favorite boxers. I could've passed out in the moments leading up to Donaire-Rigondeaux, and I couldn't catch a good breath until it was all over. I don't invest myself like that into any other sport or activity except boxing.

Comment

I know what you mean, I get nervous too, especially when they're about to touch gloves. I settle down at about 2 minutes into the fight.

Comment

Yeah when it's a favorite fighter that I am not sure about in that particular fight. When it's a fighter I don't care about, I don't care.

Comment

Yeah. It's awful. It's that "Please dont get ktfo" feeling when its fighters you like.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Yeah. It's awful. It's that "Please dont get ktfo" feeling when its fighters you like.
              lol Martinez had me like that in Chavez and Murray but he was good.
              PAcquiao did that to me too, He didn't end the fight as well... lol

Comment

Floyd, Roy and Lennox are the only fighters to get that reaction out of me. I thought Mosley would eventually KO Floyd after that 2nd round. So intense. Lennox vs. Vitali was tough to watch too. And how can I forget the post-Ruiz Roy? lol
                Last edited by RespekonMyName; 04-29-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

i am like most of you guys, when favorite fighter i am usually at edge, but not only that some fights gives you chill just thinking of the match up...i.e leonard-hearns, hearns-duran, hagler-hearns, leonard-hagler, dela hoya-whitaker, pbf-marquez...

Comment

For big fights, yes; more tense than nervous I guess but basically the same thing. When both guys have great speed, it makes it even more tense. At the same time I think it helps me score the fight because my attention level is at 100%, I sit at the edge of my seat but don't always get riled up. For me it's a battle to contain excitement so that I can score properly lol. Sometimes I just say F all that and can't sit down in a state of disbelief trying to figure out what I saw. Just recently Bradley-Provodnikov, Chavez-Martinez, Pac-JMM for example.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                      lol Martinez had me like that in Chavez and Murray but he was good.
                      PAcquiao did that to me too, He didn't end the fight as well... lol
                      lolz manny did that to me as well vs dela hoya and the last fight with marquez that result from now on i think when he fights again whoever the opponent I would get the feeling he he ...

Comment

Working...
                      X