Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Martinez, Cotto-Trinidad, GGG-Norris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Martinez, Cotto-Trinidad, GGG-Norris

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns, with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as comparing Miguel Cotto and Felix Trinidad, Terry Norris vs. Gennady Golovkin, a look at Chris Eubank Jr, and more. Bread long time since I wrote in but I just got done watching a classic fight which was Ali Frazier 1. The reason Im writing in was when they announced the judges cards, the referee Arthur Mercante Sr(who was a great ref) judged the fight. So my question to you is why did boxing take the scoring out of the referee hands? I believe we would have less controversy with an actual judge literally inches away. Do you agree? Mason Voorhees
    [Click Here To Read More]

" Have you ever seen a fight that PPV important get stopped on a body shot without one of the fighters not being knocked down "

I have never seen that either! I was SHOCKED when it happened. And that ROBBED Ward of a REAL TKO probably. AND I added PPV. Which fknn SUKS even MORE. I paid GOOD $$$ to see a SHT stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The Daily Bread Mailbag returns, with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as comparing Miguel Cotto and Felix Trinidad, Terry Norris vs. Gennady Golovkin, a look at Chris Eubank Jr, and more. Bread long time since I wrote in but I just got done watching a classic fight which was Ali Frazier 1. The reason Im writing in was when they announced the judges cards, the referee Arthur Mercante Sr(who was a great ref) judged the fight. So my question to you is why did boxing take the scoring out of the referee hands? I believe we would have less controversy with an actual judge literally inches away. Do you agree? Mason Voorhees
      [Click Here To Read More]

bread's take on Loma/Rigo is exactly the same as mine

the most likely result is Rigo getting outworked, either by Loma, or by the judges

I favor Loma, but ride with the Cuban

Rigo is slightly better, more technically correct/precise..... but Loma is a super-skilled punching machine and is naturally much bigger

Rigo is a baaaaad bad boy if he pulls it off

he has a chance, but he is up against it

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        bread's take on Loma/Rigo is exactly the same as mine

the most likely result is Rigo getting outworked, either by Loma, or by the judges

I favor Loma, but ride with the Cuban

Rigo is slightly better, more technically correct/precise..... but Loma is a super-skilled punching machine and is naturally much bigger

Rigo is a baaaaad bad boy if he pulls it off

he has a chance, but he is up against it
        First off, I gotta commend moldy Bread for trolling Maxi with that thread title on Nelo KO'ng Martinez ala Cuello or Baldomir for the world!!

And I agree with the assessments with Rigo vs Loma.

I say THE FUNDAMENTAL X-FACTOR is the CHALLENGE. Its safe to say that imo RIGO's best performance was against Donaire. So one could assume the mentality of Rigo when going up against LOMA.

What Bread should have CLEARLY illustrated was that RIGO getting dropped were by casual mistakes SO SIMILAR to how Gamboa's ego and pride wouldn't take dreadful moments seriously. Rigo with his guard down not expecting Donaire to hit like so during the clinch or perhaps expecting the ref to break it. Or doing unnecessary cartwheel lateral movement around Amagasa...

In theory, RIGO's A GAME is when he doesn't make silly mistakes. He doesn't make mistakes in the style of Pac running into a fist all carelessly or Ward vs Gatti style slugging, no he makes mistakes on doing unnecessary fancy things. If he can avoid doing unesseary mistakes then I see RIGO winning victorious on a SD.

Ironically, I'm going to say that in this bout, Loma and pops are thinking which gameplan to pursue. If its the Pac style vs Floyd to avoid countering then expect a performance where his workrate will be a surprise.

So for me the X-Factor is:

Rigo taking Loma seriously like in Donaire and bringing out his best.
        No unecessary fancy mistakes with defense. Rigo
        No unecessary fancy offensive mistakes. Loma

Rigo and Diaz will need to be aware of thr point system systematically round by round.

Its going to be the best fight of the year. People need to see the video I made with Loma missing so much on Sosa. This is the offensive mistakes Im talking about! So the X-Factor in that is Sosa has no offensive counterring IQ or pop like Rigo.
        Last edited by Lester Tutor; 10-14-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
          First off, I gotta commend moldy Bread for trolling Maxi with that thread title on Nelo KO'ng Martinez ala Cuello or Baldomir for the world!!

And I agree with the assessments with Rigo vs Loma.

I say THE FUNDAMENTAL X-FACTOR is the CHALLENGE. Its safe to say that imo RIGO's best performance was against Donaire. So one could assume the mentality of Rigo when going up against LOMA.

What Bread should have CLEARLY illustrated was that RIGO getting dropped were by casual mistakes SO SIMILAR to how Gamboa's ego and pride wouldn't take dreadful moments seriously. Rigo with his guard down not expecting Donaire to hit like so during the clinch or perhaps expecting the ref to break it. Or doing unnecessary cartwheel lateral movement around Amagasa...

In theory, RIGO's A GAME is when he doesn't make silly mistakes. He doesn't make mistakes in the style of Pac running into a fist all carelessly or Ward vs Gatti style slugging, no he makes mistakes on doing unnecessary fancy things. If he can avoid doing unesseary mistakes then I see RIGO winning victorious on a SD.

Ironically, I'm going to say that in this bout, Loma and pops are thinking which gameplan to pursue. If its the Pac style vs Floyd to avoid countering then expect a performance where his workrate will be a surprise.

So for me the X-Factor is:

Rigo taking Loma seriously like in Donaire and bringing out his best.
          No unecessary fancy mistakes with defense. Rigo
          No unecessary fancy offensive mistakes. Loma

Rigo and Diaz will need to be aware of thr point system systematically round by round.

Its going to be the best fight of the year. People need to see the video I made with Loma missing so much on Sosa. This is the offensive mistakes Im talking about! So the X-Factor in that is Sosa has no offensive counterring IQ or pop like Rigo.
          Interesting breakdown. What about a fully concentrated and focused Loma? No showboating. Does his best version beat Rigo's best version in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
            Interesting breakdown. What about a fully concentrated and focused Loma? No showboating. Does his best version beat Rigo's best version in your opinion?
            Well then that falls into somewhat Bread's theory with the judging. The reason why GGG didn't get a wide pass or was seen a DRAW was because of what was expected by GGG. If Loma's A Game is similar to that of the GRJ fight, which a Rigo come fight night could be a stronger version than the damaged fisted GRJ, then Loma might play it super safe, whcih is why Im saying, the workrate can be less.

So for GgG to have a high work rate and miss so much, that could be Loma? Was that GGg's A Game? What if GGG's A Game was less output and more hunting but not throwing, how would the cards have been.

Lets wait and see when the judges are finalized from Rigo vs Loma to assess more detail about the scoring criteria theory

Comment

"Before Jones and Hopkins jumped from 160 to 175 Dick Tiger did it in the 60s"...what about Thomas Hearns and Reggie Johnson?

Comment

I like his breakdown of Joshua/Klitschko and Ward/Kovalev. I think that's one of the qualities of a professional boxer that most fans don't understand. Some boxers are just a lot meaner and nastier than their opponent.

Comment

" Coming forward all night and missing punches does not win a fight."

Exactly why REAL, fair judging should of had the GGG/Canelo fight no worse than 7-5 either way (I had GGG 7-5 but many rounds were toss-ups). 8-4?? I raise an eye brow and start to question! But some of those 9-3 or WORSE GGGTARD cards I read in the comment section lets me know they "BYRD'ed" the other way... Canelo won the majority of the first and late rounds while GGG won the middle ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DRUSS View Post
                    "Before Jones and Hopkins jumped from 160 to 175 Dick Tiger did it in the 60s"...what about Thomas Hearns and Reggie Johnson?
                    Before my time! Were those guys naturally big at MW?? I mean now days we see guys fight 15-20 lbs lower than what they hydrate back up to at. I mean Jacobs is HUGE for a MW. I could see him EASILY jumping to LHW.

Spence just fought Brook who fought GGG.

Last edited by Shadoww702; 10-14-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X