Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who among the boxer is the closest to threaten the status of the greatest P4P SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a lot of more modern boxers... the nostalgia seems to give older fighters some outrageous aura of invincibility to some but not me. They have better ways to train, recover, and are bigger per weight than the older fighters... but they fought more then doe . Pernell Whitaker, Floyd Mayweather, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns, Roy Jones Jr. etc...

Comment

Lomachenko is the greatest boxer I ever seen live other than Floyd and Whitaker.

Comment

In the early 90's The ring magazine started asking if julio Cesar Chavez might end up being greater than Robinson.

Unfortunately Chavez later had that bad draw with sweet pea so talks of that stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Lomachenko is the greatest boxer I ever seen live other than Floyd and Whitaker.
          Hahaha

How long you been watching boxing for 3 years?

Lomachenko is faaaaaaaaar from being the "best" boxer lol

Then salido must be top 5 p4p of all time then.

His daddy salido gonna come out and slap you silly for saying such bs.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            That Robinson was the best PFP boxer in history is an opinion and not a written in stone fact. The fans an experts of his day declared him the best PFP and few have ever dared question it since then. He lost 19 times and not all of those losses were when he was past prime. He lost to the welterweight champ when he was the middleweight champ. He lost every round at age 32 to a club fighter named Tiger Jones and never rematched him. He was great but not flawless or unbeatable. From what I have seen of him on film I like a few boxers better than him PFP.
            But if you look at his number of fights no fighter today could fight that many times and not lose. Robinson won his first 40 or so fiights and fought and beat an all time great middleweight and weighed in as a welterweight. Who does that today without weight stipulations? Nobody. What Robinson did will never be accomplished with the way boxing is today.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Hahaha

You're crazy if you can't see how special Loma is. Yeah, he lost his second professional fight to Orlando Salido. That was his welcome to the pros moment. A seasoned vet who went to Puerto Rico and had punchdrunk Juanma talking about, "the ref he has a gambling problem."

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                Hahaha

You're such a Mexican fanboy you're gonna be bias till the death, If I started watching boxing 3 years ago how did I see Whitaker aka Chavez sr daddy live?

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                  Just for one fight, for one night, at their physical and mental pinnacle. Roy Jones Jr......The one that mashed Montell Griffin in their rematch comes to mind. That scorned, hell bent, blood thirsty, Roy obliterates any human that laces up the gloves in his respective weight class, ever in history.
                  Allot of fighters from the present era, and eras that came before. SRL, Floyd Jr, Pac, Hagler, Hearns, all dominate him easily. Different eras. Roy would whip thatazz up something vicious too.

Comment

Working...
                  X