Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: There Has Been Nobody With The Skills Lomachenko Has

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Bob Arum forget that both of the fighters fighting on Saturday are under his promotion. He talks about Lomachenko as if he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but says nothing about Walters.

If Walters win, I wonder if Arum will do the same thing he did to Rigondeaux after he beat Arum's favorite, Nonito Donaire, and disparage Walters.

Bob Arum is a disgusting person. I don't see why any fighter would sign a contract with him.

Comment

Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
      The way he picked apart Gary Russell Jr. was amazing. The guys boxing IQ is impressive considering he doesn't fight like a guy 7 fights removed from the amateurs. If only champions today dared to be great like him.
      If Gary Russell was actually a great fighter, I would agree with you. However, Russell is only a good fighter who has been well protected. Then again, I guess I could used the same description for most of the world champions, including ones at 147, 154, 160 and heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
        Arum is using flattery and the idea of being a future Pacquiao opponent to lure Lomachenko into the paperwork prison that he calls a contract.

Lomachenko has been one of the few fighters that has gotten most of what's due to him from Top Rank, but for a fighter that has a certain amount of popularity and good management, like him, free agency and working on a fight-by-fight basis is the way to go.

Lomachenko is an excellent fighter, but you don't have to go as far as young Ali to find a fighter that mastered the technical aspects of boxing (B-Hop) or one that blended the mastery of the technical with incredible talent (Mayweather, Rigondeaux, or Roy Jones (Roy's technical mastery necessitated the use of his legs)).
        Arum has perfected the art of making fighters indentured servants. If Lomachenko ever tries to leave Arum, it will take him two years of legal wranglings to do it, just as it did Mikey Garcia. During that time, he will not be able to fight.

Comment

Lomachenko is the best Pound For Pound Fighter Of The World...the ghetto clowns in their jealousy mention the head ghetto clown floyd....the flips don't want Loma near manny....and Loma had gary russell yelling like maria Sharapova from the 6th round and on.....enjoy the fight Saturday night and you will witness a great fighter

Comment

I love Loma and he is truly a rare talent. Even my Mrs who has little knowledge and interest in boxing loves watching Loma in action.

However, I think Walters is being seriously overlooked and would not be surprised at all if he comes away with a big upset.

Comment

Some one please do not forget to send Walters the script saying that all he has to do on Saturday is show up and lose! Thats his part in this episode!!

Its one thing to praise Loma to the high heavens. Its quite another to overlook Walters.

Something tells me Loma and his camp are taking him a lot more seriously than is being portrayed in these pro Loma write ups.

Comment

ANY version of Pacquiao destroys Lomachenko...lets ease up a bit. and i remember Arum saying Floyd was better than Ali so, yeah, this is promoter talk.

Comment

Trust me, I agree that Gary Russell Jr. Mr. TBA has long been protected. The win from Lomachenko was very impressive regardless if Jr. was protected. Even as the"fastest hands in boxing" he was no match for Loma. I agree, the landscape of champions at 147-154 are a joke.
                  Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  If Gary Russell was actually a great fighter, I would agree with you. However, Russell is only a good fighter who has been well protected. Then again, I guess I could used the same description for most of the world champions, including ones at 147, 154, 160 and heavyweight.

Comment

The FIX is in, Bob already paid walters off

Comment

Working...
                    X