Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does tarver get enough credit for roy jones ko??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does tarver get enough credit for roy jones ko??

i was watching the fight again and to me rjj looked good until the knockout. he was fast/good reflexes/sharp etc. he was doing good until he just got clocked with a perfect counter

but most people point to rjj weight issue from the previous fight and maybe they have a point because losing that much muscle in short amount of time will hurt anyone but i think tarver style and physical capabilities causes any version of rjj problems because he is just very awkward

so does tarver get enough credit for the ko ?

Probably not to be honest because Roy was past it.

But it was still an impressive KO. And Roy wasn't shot at the time although clearly passed it.

Comment

He gets exactly as much credit as he deserves.

Comment

Tarver had the right gameplan, trying to catch roy while roy was coming in but i dont know if he could have executed it to such good effect if Roy haden't been diminished. I had Roy winning the first round and the second before Tarver caugt him, as i remeber it Roy initially looked better then in their first fight in which he hardly put together any combinations.

I give Tarver credit for going 2-1 in their triology, not being intimidated by Roys speed and being the first to beat him but all in all it's no doubt Roy is the far superior fighter.

Comment

Working...
        X