• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamek-Cunningham draws very nice tv ratings for NBC

Adamek-Cunningham draws nice rating for NBC
    Monday December 24, 2012 11:09 AM By Marcus Henry

Photo credit: Main Event promotions
    The NBC fight card featuring heavyweights Tomasz Adamek and Steve Cunningham turned out to be a successful for nearly all involved.
    It didn’t work out well for Cunningham, who thought he was robbed. Adamek (48-2, 29 KOs) scored a 116-112, 115-113, 113-115 split-decision win over Cunningham (25-5, 12 KOs). Many observers believed Cunningham deserved the decision.
    Cunningham’s plight notwithstanding,...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/boxing...-nbc-1.4371745

Marcus Henry ‏@marchenrysports
    Good news for NBC and boxing and as theovernight rating for the Adamek-Cunningham fight drew a 1.2 rating and 3 share.
    Last edited by HUGEBOXINGFAN; 12-27-2012, 06:05 PM.

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
    Marcus Henry ‏@marchenrysports
    Good news for NBC and boxing and as theovernight rating for the Adamek-Cunningham fight drew a 1.2 rating and 3 share.
    and this means what exactly. What are these comparable too?

Comment

The Leo Santa Cruz fight on CBS had a 1.3 rating, which translated to 1.8 million viewers. So the 1.2 rating for Adamek-Cunningham should be around the same ballpark for viewers.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-27-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

And half of that amount of people will never watch boxing on NBC or anywhere ever again after the disgusting robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          And half of that amount of people will never watch boxing on NBC or anywhere ever again after the disgusting robbery.
          Yep, what a huge audience to be reminded why they don't watch boxing to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Yep, what a huge audience to be reminded why they don't watch boxing to begin with.
            I know it turns me away... Or makes me wanna turn my back to this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              I know it turns me away... Or makes me wanna turn my back to this sport.
              First thing said at my house after the decision was, "That's why I stopped watching." I get people to watch, and that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                First thing said at my house after the decision was, "That's why I stopped watching." I get people to watch, and that happens.
                I bet this was not what everyone was saying that watched Pacquiao-Marquez IV and believe me there were a lot more eyeballs watching that fight.

Comment

People like drama, it sells.....they will tune in again

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    People like drama, it sells.....they will tune in again
                    Casuals dont like that ****. They dont love this sport like we do, WE WILL watch no matter what happens but not them. For a casual to watch such blasphemy is sure to turn them away.

Comment

Working...
                    X