Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be considered an ATG when these are your 10 best wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Viti Ben-Wa View Post
    Again I'll ask, why do you have to rate a heavyweight of the past by the standards of this era? Put VK back then and they're still heavyweights. And please don't go trying to compare Votali's resume to Frazier's. Joe beat nearly three times the Rings top 10 rated heavies as VK Including Ali who is universally accepted as either number one or two all time. That he did it in far less fight just shows how much more impressive his experience was. Its like trying to compare Floyd's resume with Ray Leonard.
    The fact those guys they beat could be rated so highly is simply an indication of how weak the era was.

No, put VK back in those eras and they were NOT all HW's by the definition we use today, which is what counts.

The HW limit was once around 150lbs. Do you consider them HW's as well?

Joe Frazier's HW record is 13-4 (green bum)

Ali's HW record is 28-5 (a B or C grade boxer)

Of course Cruiserish experience still counts. But the difference is that most of the time the old timers significantly outweighed those opponents. Today they by virtue of the limit both have to be sub200.

It would be frightening to think what someone like Chris Arreola could do to past boxers, let alone a VK!

Comment

• I could make a similar thread..

"Can you be considered an ATG when your opponents almost without exception were cruiser bums?"

This closely sums up many past greats careers

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        The fact those guys they beat could be rated so highly is simply an indication of how weak the era was.

No, put VK back in those eras and they were NOT all HW's by the definition we use today, which is what counts.

The HW limit was once around 150lbs. Do you consider them HW's as well?

Joe Frazier's HW record is 13-4 (green bum)

Ali's HW record is 28-5 (a B or C grade boxer)

Of course Cruiserish experience still counts. But the difference is that most of the time the old timers significantly outweighed those opponents. Today they by virtue of the limit both have to be sub200.

It would be frightening to think what someone like Chris Arreola could do to past boxers, let alone a VK!
        HOLY ****, I could actually feel brain cells dying as I read that post. It was like a bad acid trip where reality is warped and skewered. For gods sake Elroy, puff, puff, pass!! You shouldn't be hogging whatever you're smoking all to yourself!! You are out there!

Comment

• Originally posted by Viti Ben-Wa View Post
          HOLY ****, I could actually feel brain cells dying as I read that post. It was like a bad acid trip where reality is warped and skewered. For gods sake Elroy, puff, puff, pass!! You shouldn't be hogging whatever you're smoking all to yourself!! You are out there!
          I always hated dealing with you

Remember that "formula" you tried to apply once that was supposed to prove that the Klitschko's were garbage by awarding them a score based on how many top ranked opponents their opponents fought.

And it turned out that because Byrd had beaten Holyfield it tipped Wladimir over the edge and he ended up on top of your own stats anyway designed to ridicule him?

That was a great day for all involved that one. But of course your not JAB right so you don't remember haha

Comment

Look Viti/ or JAB if it is you....
            How would you know who jab is, since you've only been on this forum for about a month?

HWBlogger....

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              How would you know who jab is, since you've only been on this forum for about a month?

HWBlogger....
              I never said I knew him from here.

He knows where

Comment

I could make a similar thread..

"Can you be considered an ATG when your opponents almost without exception were cruiser bums?"

This closely sums up many past greats careers
                Sure you can and I'll contribute If you do...

It should be easy to do it with both Ali and possibly Joe Louis.

Comment

• ATG thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X