Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Road to Keith Thurman-Errol Spence Begins (! Or ?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
    the key word here is "one of thurmans biggest wins" point being spence only has one big win and it was against a broken faced brook that found an out once ***** hit the fan
    His other decent win is Garcia. What the hell has he ever done at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      The same Porter Thurman beat in a close competitive fight, and happens to be one of Thurman's top two wins.

Try again.
      Try again?

Dude, I'm pointing out that Brook ONLY has Porter. There's nobody else on his record worth a damn that he's beaten.

Keith has a ton of names on his record. Yes, they share Porter but Keith also has Garcia, Chaves, Guerrero, Zaveck, Collazo, etc. These aren't all A+ opponents, I'm not saying that, I'm just saying show me anything even at this level on Brook's resume...

Comment

Is Spence dominates and Scott Peterson on Saturday night I doubt a fight with Thurman would ever happen... he will scare him off...

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
          Garcia will never fight Spence and Thurman certainly won't fight Spence in 2018. In 2020 maybe but then again, spence may be a jr middle by then.
          When has Danny ducked anyone? He said he'd fight Spence next. Porter and Thurman are ducking him

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
            This has been clear for years now. The Internet and Floyd Mayweather and Errol Spence were all calling for a Thurman-Spence fight for at least three or four years now. Literally. Thurman has one excuse after another. But beating Porter and Garcia his last two fights almost makes up for it. The truth is this fight needs to happen sooner rather than later. Neither one is Mayweather, neither one is unbeatable. Either one could potentially be outboxed. Someone with good movement.

Wilder-Joshua doesn't matter as much because neither one has much of a chance of losing to anyone but each other. Same is true of Mikey Garcia and Lomachenko. However, Spence, Thurman, and Crawford all are going to be fighting better opponents. While after those three there is a drop off, Garcia, Porter, Vargas, Khan, Ali, Peterson, Horn are all live opponents. There is no reason that Thurman-Spence shouldn't be happening immediately. But Thurman is scared, he is milking this for all he can. He never stepped up in competition until Porter. Than he beat him and then Garcia. Now he wants people to say how he is the best ww and the champ and just how awesome and great he is. But one problem is those are his only two fights in the last two and a half years. And the other problem is either Spence or Crawford would probably beat him. Spence might hit him in the ribs so hard he won't be able to breath and will die of asphyxiation.
            Garcia has always been beatable and nowhere near elite status. Thurman barely got by Porter. Peterson is top tier and beat Garcia IMHO. Spence and Crawford will be considered elite. Protecting the O has got to go. ALL great fighters who fought everyone lost the O long ago. Thurman is nowhere near elite but if he is what he thinks he is he needs to fight all comers. This diva **** has got to stop. Props to PBC for stirring the pot. With so many good athletes PBC can offer up one sacrifice after another. I swear they are trying to kill Broner lol!

Comment

I love the suggestion Cliff.

Spence-Peterson
              Thurman-Vargas

Spence-Garcia
              Thurman-Porter II

Spence-Thurman for 3 belts + lineal

If they can fit that all into 2018, the last man standing is the runaway Fighter of the Year unless Wilder runs through Ortiz and Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Thurman vs. Spence is already penciled in for early March 2019 on CBS if both keep winning.

Assuming Garcia beats Rios, he would be the WBC mandatory next year and in line to fight the winner.

Shawn Porter likely fights Keith Thurman later this year.

Spence may have to make an IBF mandatory before the year is out.

PBC will never deliver every fight you want as soon as you want it (what boxing entity does?), but every single year, PBC delivers big fights and doesn't put them on PPV.

Assuming there isn't a last minute hiccup and Wilder vs. King Kong ends up on CBS March 3, the PBC tradition of having a huge fight on free over the air TV in early March every year will continue to grow and bring in new fans. The ratings for Thurman vs. Garcia were through the roof, as they will be for Wilder vs. King Kong. As they will be next year for Thurman vs. Spence if both are still undefeated.

Haymon doesn't rush things. He's trying to take over boxing. It's a slow process. He gives us enough big fights to maintain his control, but he makes sure to pace himself so he can continue to deliver big fights for years to come.
                Been wasting my time on Haymon fanboy? No wonder you don't shut up. Not taking over boxing anytime soon. 2/3 of PBC is mis matches with the occasional gem or actual fight people want to see. Take it easy not gonna read another post of Haymon worship.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  Been wasting my time on Haymon fanboy? No wonder you don't shut up. Not taking over boxing anytime soon. 2/3 of PBC is mis matches with the occasional gem or actual fight people want to see. Take it easy not gonna read another post of Haymon worship.
                  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...e%20dissonance

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    His other decent win is Garcia. What the hell has he ever done at 147?
                    I agree. I been saying for yrs ww is way overrated. But it is what it is. I think spence, thurman are top dogs and would be great fight. I just dont get how ppl forget thurmans athleticism, speed, and power. He a boxer puncher with skills. And i think he can win against spence. Not that he will. But can

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                      I agree. I been saying for yrs ww is way overrated. But it is what it is. I think spence, thurman are top dogs and would be great fight. I just dont get how ppl forget thurmans athleticism, speed, and power. He a boxer puncher with skills. And i think he can win against spence. Not that he will. But can
                      Can't disagree with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X