Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Say Calzaghe Was A Slapper or Featherfisted?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You dont have weak punches if you knock down Eubank with one shot.
    Brittle hands made him reluctant to throw big.

Comment

• He used to knock guys over heavily in the amateurs with pillows and headguards, shots sounding like a gun going off

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        one of the worst stoppages ever isnt good evidence. he misses with almost every punch there, and even then his welsh pal jumps in to stop the fight.

I thin joe even catches the ref in the belly, to absolutely no effect.
        It's not meant to be evidence supporting Calzaghe, it's meant to be evidence confirming Calslappy.

I mean the question was why people think he was a slapper. That fight was all the evidence you needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          yeh but not in danger of getting stopped, not once, ever.

you are deluded if you think a stoppage was due. Joe could not induce a stoppage despite having a punch bag in lacy to hit all night. This is exactly why he is considererd powderpuff.

The truth works against you, not for you like you imagine it does.
          if lacys corner stopped the fight might have saved his career for a few more years

Comment

• Cause he was ... good riddance. Wouldn’t survive in today’s world of smw and lhw.

Comment

• They probably just subconsciously associate the name with pizza making with a guy in the back of the shop who slaps the doe around in mid air to get that perfect circular shape .

Reference :

Vinny : Hey man where you going?

Angelo: Im outta here ,im going to Calzaghes for a few slces , maybe some garlic knots .

Vinny : I dont really like their crust ,its too soft .Can you pick me up a calzone ?

Angelo: O.K but give me the money now , you stiffed me last time .

Vinny : Stiffed you? You bastard .

Grabs chair .

Comment

• all those videos i made i mean someone made and you still have people saying "he used to be a big puncher" this is why we have trump you know

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                  You dont have weak punches if you knock down Eubank with one shot.
                  Brittle hands made him reluctant to throw big.
                  malignaggi knocked down lovemore ndou. a guy that was never stopped and fought everyone including canelo and cotto. so i guess malignaggi is a bigger puncher than those guys cause they couldnt drop him

it wasnt brittle hands that made him develop that slappy frenzy style. it was not being a good boxer. if he tried to be a stand up boxer he would be nothing special. throwing fast illegal furries with the inside of the gloves gave him an edge since fighters don't train for that type of attack. look at him try to box against hopkins. it was pathetic. he just kept running into punches over and over, reset, run into punches, reset, etc...eventually he got desperate and just threw a lot of punches that flailed and missed and fooled the judges. great job. even against an insanely shot jones he was being picked apart before he went slap happy. his old opponents just couldn't keep up with that level of desperation.
                  Last edited by daggum; 01-14-2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuttyAlacrity View Post
                    Cause he was ... good riddance. Wouldn’t survive in today’s world of smw and lhw.
                    lmao the current guys couldnt land a glove on joe. Joes got more boxing brains in his boots than this current set of super middle and light heavyweights have got.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      It's not meant to be evidence supporting Calzaghe, it's meant to be evidence confirming Calslappy.

I mean the question was why people think he was a slapper. That fight was all the evidence you needed.
                      sorry my man!

Comment

Working...
                      X