The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike D would be proud of that mascots mullet

Comment

• I've got the Polish by a goal in a high scoring game and a draw between Egpyt and Russia

Comment

• Stunned at what happend to mi Colombia against Japon.

What a win yesterday for the Brits!

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Senegal have a worse defense than japan ffs.
          Maybe, but that's worse for Colombia in a way. Senegal have some decent attacking options. I can see them conceding but i think can score goals too. Even if you focus on their defence, If Japan and Poland can beat Senegal, and Poland beat Colombia which is very possible, then Colombia can't get out of the group, even if they beat Senegal too.

Poland are decent, efficient enough anyway and obviously have some good players like Milik and of course Lewandowski. I think they could beat Colombia.

I don't think any team in that group is that good, it's hard to call. It just wouldn't surprise me if Colombia struggled to make it out, i said that even before today. That's why losing your opening game in a group like this especially is bad.

I fancied Senegal to make it out because they can score and their defence has been fairly solid in the run up to the world cup anyway, for what it's worth. I don't think Japan or Colombia are that strong, so i fancied Senegal to get some goals against them. But Japan have put themselves in a decent position today.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Stunned at what happend to mi Colombia against Japon.

What a win yesterday for the Brits!
            For England. 99% of scots and welsh want England hammered myself included

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Maybe, but that's worse for Colombia in a way. Senegal have some decent attacking options. I can see them conceding but i think can score goals too. Even if you focus on their defence, If Japan and Poland can beat Senegal, and Poland beat Colombia which is very possible, then Colombia can't get out of the group, even if they beat Senegal too.

Poland are decent, efficient enough anyway and obviously have some good players like Milik and of course Lewandowski. I think they could beat Colombia.

I don't think any team in that group is that good, it's hard to call. It just wouldn't surprise me if Colombia struggled to make it out, i said that even before today. That's why losing your opening game in a group like this especially is bad.

I fancied Senegal to make it out because they can score and their defence has been fairly solid in the run up to the world cup anyway, for what it's worth. I don't think Japan or Colombia are that strong, so i fancied Senegal to get some goals against them. But Japan have put themselves in a decent position today.
              yeah its the best group by far, any team winning the group wouldn't be a surprise. Japan the weakest team, arguably have the best defense with yoshida, nagamoto and sakai...

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                yeah its the best group by far, any team winning the group wouldn't be a surprise. Japan the weakest team, arguably have the best defense with yoshida, nagamoto and sakai...
                Yeah, I always like Japan's work ethic anyway. They might lack quality throughout the team but they work hard for each other.

Saying that, i think they have some decent players. Kagawa of course. Inui who just signed for Betis, he looked good today. Okazaki of course, he has a very good scoring record for Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Yeah, I always like Japan's work ethic anyway. They might lack quality throughout the team but they work hard for each other.

Saying that, i think they have some decent players. Kagawa of course. Inui who just signed for Betis, he looked good today. Okazaki of course, he has a very good scoring record for Japan.
                  Japs act like they are putting their lives on the line for their country lol, and then you got nations like Nigeria who couldnt give a toss....& England somewhere inbetween.

Comment

• Uneventful game so far.

Comment

• Own goal

jesus ****ing Christ

Comment

Working...
                      X