Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Byrd: Wilder Can't Take Pressure, Almost Lost To Old Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Povetkin would beat Wilder easily because of his style.

Comment

Ortiz beats AJ...

PEDvetkin gets slept like everybody else Wilder has fought..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        What heavyweight today can sustain pressure?
        Hell none of them know what defense means!
        Wlad dominated for years but didn't fare well when pressured. Tyson beat everyone until he got to Evander who backed him up!
        When Wlad stepped to Joshua he dropped him, when Joshua backed up Wlad he stopped him.

None of today's heavies can handle pressure very well but one thing about Wilder is he will be throwing and the others don't!

Wilders wildness is his best trait most times. You can't practice defense on what Wilders brings. You need to find a 6'7" long armed man who brings shots from every where!
        Yes his style and form is lacking but this isn't figure skating!

Ray
        Buster put that pressure on Tyson first lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          I think Povetkin would beat Wilder easily because of his style.
          I feel like Wilder would just use his range.

Comment

Let's be honestly we are not even sure AJ can best Ortiz. We damn sure know Ortiz Can best current Tyson and Parker.

Comment

They both almost lost to old men! Neither fighter is on par with Tyson, Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield, or Klitshco! Neither are they on par with GGG, Crawford, Garcia, Lomachenko, or Errol Spence! They're just the two best heavyweights currently fighting! I think Ortiz would've beaten both of them 2014-2017!

Comment

I think everyone would benefit greatly from a little more objectivity and a lot less fanboyism. I can understand when some guys have a favorite fighter, but some take it way beyond rational norms and lose all sense of reason. Sadly, these are that one's that crash the hardest when their fav. gets blown out in a fight.

Just a little thought I had from reading this thread

In any case, it would seem that both AJ and Wilder have issues fighting an inside game. I was hoping to see AJ's inside game when he fought Parker but the referee explicitly forbid any inside fighting and that is one of Parker's strengths. So to date, I've seen little inside fighting from either AJ or Wilder.

So, it would seem that this fight (AJ vs Wilder) will be fought at range. And that is a huge advantage for Wilder, who isn't as flat-footed as AJ and moves very well for a big dude.

Still and in spite of all the preliminary rap\opinions by many, I see this as a great fight for as long as it lasts. My $$$ is on Wilder due to the fear factor AJ has of getting caught, his lack of defense (Both are actually lacking defense) and Wilder's mobility, which will create opening for those unpredictable bombs that Wilder throws.

I expect in advance, that many of the lunatic hardcore AJ fans will be MIA post-fight.

Still, hit me up ... I'm all in with the ecash on Wilder in this fight. I'm even going in hard with the real $$$$ on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Former heavyweight champion Chris Byrd is very impressed with the current heavyweight champions, WBC beltholder Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs) and IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO unified king Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs). The two large heavyweights are in position to fight each other in less than a year.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  Byrd was one of the weakest heavyweight champions ever. Wilder and AJ may not be outstanding heavyweight champions but they are both much better than Byrd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    What heavyweight today can sustain pressure?
                    Hell none of them know what defense means!
                    Wlad dominated for years but didn't fare well when pressured. Tyson beat everyone until he got to Evander who backed him up!
                    When Wlad stepped to Joshua he dropped him, when Joshua backed up Wlad he stopped him.

None of today's heavies can handle pressure very well but one thing about Wilder is he will be throwing and the others don't!

Wilders wildness is his best trait most times. You can't practice defense on what Wilders brings. You need to find a 6'7" long armed man who brings shots from every where!
                    Yes his style and form is lacking but this isn't figure skating!

Ray
                    Great post Ray

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                      I’ve noticed people are claiming Ortiz is 45 or around there.. I’m not ruling anything out but this seems like a stretch
                      yeah brah, Ortiz is old as chit, and Wlad is a spry hen lol

Seriously tho, Ortiz just looks Cuban black. Its not like "african american." Dominican and Cuban blacks look different. More weathered in the face...Communism

Comment

Working...
                      X