Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Like Hagler, Crawford Can Be Himself, Make Major Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Like Hagler, Crawford Can Be Himself, Make Major Money

LAS VEGAS Bob Arum likened Terence Crawford to Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler all in one press conference. Crawford's promoter compared Crawford to Leonard for how he fights inside the ring and Leonard's rival for Crawford's approach outside the ring. Arum made the Hagler comparison after a reporter asked Crawford during a post-fight press conference Saturday night if he needs to do anything different to become more marketable among non-boxing fans.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Crawford must beat Spence, Thurman, Porter and Garcia to be somewhere near Hagler.

Comment

Doesn't Arum have anything better to do than compare Crawford to Hagler, Leonard & Hearns every chance he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
        Doesn't Arum have anything better to do than compare Crawford to Hagler, Leonard & Hearns every chance he gets.
        right? you would think his job was to promote Bud Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          right? you would think his job was to promote Bud Crawford.
          it's not promoting its making stupid comparisons.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Hagler only make great money when matched up against Tommy and Leonard?

I get the commercials, but that wasn't exactly big money back then.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
              He’s a promoter. To hardcore Boxing fans can comparisons get tedious but to casuals and the man on the street it’s what gets people talking and paying attention. That’s the market you’ve got to reach to make mega money.

It’s not worth getting heated over. Crawford is a special fighter and he’s making his own legacy but I understand what Arums doing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                He’s a promoter. To hardcore Boxing fans can comparisons get tedious but to casuals and the man on the street it’s what gets people talking and paying attention. That’s the market you’ve got to reach to make mega money.

It’s not worth getting heated over. Crawford is a special fighter and he’s making his own legacy but I understand what Arums doing.
                Why do people write posts like this? Lol Casuals don't read the type of publications that would even quote Bob Arum. They dont even know who Bob Arum is lol

Casuals see highlights on FB, IG or ESPN/Bleacher Report. Why do you think Wilder is pulling better ratings now? Instagram videos and highlights. Broner mastered it a long time ago.

These quotes are just bull**** lol nothing more. It's not "promotion"

Comment

Crawford is 30 and his resume is ****. His best wins are Postol and Horn or something. If Arum was serious with promoting him, he would have matched him against Pacquiao.

Comment

Well arum is going to have to get past his mindset of always trying to make fights in house because unfortunately for Crawford, none of the top welter weights are with top rank. Arum is going to have to suck it up and deal with Haymon to get Crawford the fights that he needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X