Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Jacobs, Derevyanchenko Don't Need To Fight Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting ridiculous at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
      That is weird. How can there be no number 2 but a number 3, 4 and 5? How is that logical?!
      It's not logical. They just left it blank /vacant. I don't think they either thought they would actually strip GGG. However you're correct they should just move every one rank up. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Not while you're around ...
        you mad that Mr I'm not a businessman, Mr 154 or 168, Mr my dream is to unify all the belt, Mr All I care about is belts has been exposed as a liar and hypocrite. Killed big money fights at 154 and 168. Backed out a fight he agreed to to unify all the belts last summer then turned down a chance to unify all the belts in june this year. Priced himself out a career payday 20M fight in sept unless he is paid more money sounds like he is just a businessman now not a fighter. And clearly belts aren't a priority any more since he fought a bum knowing it would cost him a belt and is already setting the stage to duck Charlo and lose another belt. LMAO

Comment

Derevyachenko would beat Jacobs

Comment

Agree with the trainer that as long as there are other options, why should the stablemates fight each other? Jacobs is about them Ms lol also agree with the other poster that things are falling in place for Charlo. Charlo vs Derv and Canelo vs Jacobs if the GGG fight is history as per ODLH. Have no clue who BJS would fight lol and GGG can now just chase the $$$ and forget the belts and retire 2019

Comment

The IBF scrapped the 2nd day weigh in requirement so Jacobs would be fine fighting for that belt. However, he is already the number 1 contender for the WBA belt (if they enforce their mandatory). Plus, Jacobs himself said a while ago he isn't interested in fighting his teammate and sparring partner unless absolutely necessary, which it isn't yet. Another thing to consider is whether Charlo covets the WBC or IBF title more. If he wants the WBC for whatever reason, he won't fight for the IBF title because he would lose his spot in line as a mandatory challenger to GGG.

When this all shakes out, GGG vs Canelo 2 will happen in the fall. Outside of that it is a crapshoot but with network affiliations and potential mandatories, I think we see Saunders vs Murray and Derevyanchenko vs Charlo (Showtime) and maybe Jacobs vs Andrade (HBO).

Comment

No rush. Specially after Jacobs last performance...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  you mad that Mr I'm not a businessman, Mr 154 or 168, Mr my dream is to unify all the belt, Mr All I care about is belts has been exposed as a liar and hypocrite. Killed big money fights at 154 and 168. Backed out a fight he agreed to to unify all the belts last summer then turned down a chance to unify all the belts in june this year. Priced himself out a career payday 20M fight in sept unless he is paid more money sounds like he is just a businessman now not a fighter. And clearly belts aren't a priority any more since he fought a bum knowing it would cost him a belt and is already setting the stage to duck Charlo and lose another belt. LMAO
                  I'm just confused why you are ranting about Golovkin in a thread that has nothing to do with him (any more, having been stripped)

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    That's what I assumed. The budgets for these orgs are pretty thin. Didn't seem likely that they'd pay for this sort of oversight.
                    They dont pay, the promoter does. Anytime I promoted a sanctioned fight (by any of them) I had to pay the promoter sanction fee, the sanction body officials fee, travel, meals, and hotel

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfan84 View Post
                      The IBF scrapped the 2nd day weigh in requirement so Jacobs would be fine fighting for that belt. However, he is already the number 1 contender for the WBA belt (if they enforce their mandatory). Plus, Jacobs himself said a while ago he isn't interested in fighting his teammate and sparring partner unless absolutely necessary, which it isn't yet. Another thing to consider is whether Charlo covets the WBC or IBF title more. If he wants the WBC for whatever reason, he won't fight for the IBF title because he would lose his spot in line as a mandatory challenger to GGG.

When this all shakes out, GGG vs Canelo 2 will happen in the fall. Outside of that it is a crapshoot but with network affiliations and potential mandatories, I think we see Saunders vs Murray and Derevyanchenko vs Charlo (Showtime) and maybe Jacobs vs Andrade (HBO).
                      Im pretty sure they only scrapped it in unification bouts

Comment

Working...
                      X