No announcement yet.

Best Served Cold: Cotto vs Margarito2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Honestly the guy already had one eye, the commissions didnt even want to sanction the bout and Cotto still couldn't hurt the guy
    And had Margarito won would you still bother to mention Margarito's one eye and the commission refusal to initially sanction this fight?

Most of you clowns thought Cotto would take another knee.

Buy a vowel and get a clue my friend.

Comment

what revenge lol, he beat up a guy with one eye who was well past his best, and tbf he didnt even beat him that badly. when it mattered in the first fight, cotto couldnt do it. just like almost all of his big fights, he just couldnt rise to the occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        And had Margarito won would you still bother to mention Margarito's one eye and the commission refusal to initially sanction this fight?

Most of you clowns thought Cotto would take another knee.

Buy a vowel and get a clue my friend.
        No I said it was a **** fight before it happened......you got me confused

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          what revenge lol, he beat up a guy with one eye who was well past his best, and tbf he didnt even beat him that badly. when it mattered in the first fight, cotto couldnt do it. just like almost all of his big fights, he just couldnt rise to the occasion.
          It's ok, Mosley got Cotto's revenge for him lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            No I said it was a **** fight before it happened......you got me confused
            A s h i t fight that you just happened to bother to watch and downplay after the fact.

Would you like more Lucky Charms with your double standard?

Larry I think you are one of the better posters on this forum but I swear sometimes you come off worse than the armchair quarterback on Super Bowl Sunday, you talk about the "plays" you would have played only after the play has gone wrong.

I will be brutally honest, I didn't think Cotto would have pulled it off. He was trashed by Manny not long before this fight and thought he would still be shell shocked by the first Margarito scrap. But I give credit where credit should be rendered.

Cotto got the win and Margarito got the "L".

Nuff said.

Comment

Always felt at the time it was getting interesting at the moment of the stoppage wonder if mr bricks could have forced a knee if it carried on

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                A s h i t fight that you just happened to bother to watch and downplay after the fact.

Would you like more Lucky Charms with your double standard?

Larry I think you are one of the better posters on this forum but I swear sometimes you come off worse than the armchair quarterback on Super Bowl Sunday, you talk about the "plays" you would have played only after the play has gone wrong.

I will be brutally honest, I didn't think Cotto would have pulled it off. He was trashed by Manny not long before this fight and thought he would still be shell shocked by the first Margarito scrap. But I give credit where credit should be rendered.

Cotto got the win and Margarito got the "L".

Nuff said.
                I watched the replay, the guy had one eye, i kinda knew how it would end man

Comment

revenge? no. he also didn't even fight the last 3 rounds. the doctor 's revenge more than anything

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
                    Always felt at the time it was getting interesting at the moment of the stoppage wonder if mr bricks could have forced a knee if it carried on
                    Hind sight is 20/20, thus one can only speculate.

But from my humble opinion (which couldn't get you an uber ride to Queens) I seriously doubt it.

Cotto did everything in the rematch he should have done in the first fight:

1. Cotto didn't stay on the ropes trying to get a temporary reprieve.

2. Cotto doubled up on his jab output helping him set up more punches.

3. Cotto FINALLY learned how to tie up Margarito conserving energy for the later rounds.

4. Cotto boxed more effectively than he did in the first fight manly in part because Margarito was as one dimensional as one dimensional gets.

Anyone else want to add to this list feel free I know I'm leaving s h i t out.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Do you guys realize the mental Ogre Cotto carried into that fight, the cheat beating nearly destroyed him as a man and a fighter , it was a huge win for Cotto it gave him his life back.
                      I echo what you've said, it was a redemption of sorts. I have good memories of watching it. But I enjoyed watching pacquaio leathering marg more.

Comment

Working...
                      X